SAU Community

What Is My Car

i have an 1994' r33 rb25det. i know this..

every time i get a roadworthy done or vic roads looks up my engine number it says its an r32 1998" model. when i purchased the car they said it was a 1998 model even tho i knew it was definitely a 1994 model.. im thinking this could be because it was inported in 1998 but what i dont understand why is it being called an r32? i know my cars not stolen because i had it roadworthy & registration done about 3 months ago and they do a background check.. any ideas?

nah i dont think its a 98' engine, its definitely an rb25det, most of it has been rebuilt within the last year so the car would of been imported with the standard engine. im guessing it probably is just a mix up just wanted to see if anyone else thought that.. maybe i can just go into vicroads and get the details changed on it? i just put my vin on the VIN thread but it kinda looks different to the others that are on there.

it'd say it is possibly likely due to some dick filling in the initial compliance papers incorrectly.

+1

Sorry I wasn't actually suggesting your car is a 1998 model, your car looks like a s1 '94 to me... 98's were s2's and you have an s1 front bar so yeah... just pointing out that 33's were still made in that year. I think mad082 is on the right track.

maybe i should hit the car yard up for false advertisement then, it was advertised as a 94' r33 4 door gts25/t rb25det, the nissan FAST program i have tells me its a 93' r33 4 door gts25/g rb25de, although i know its an rb25det engine not an rb25de+t because as soon as i took the turbo off it ran like a box of s*#t, whereas if i took a turbo off an rb25de+t it would pretty much just run like an N/A engine because the compression would be more or less normal.. anyway doesnt really bother me im selling it soon and building a new car with an rb26dett :cool:

i got onto the x owner and he was telling me he's built the engine from ground up, its a new engine i was aware of that but i had thoughts that it was still the same make of engine before he rebuilt it (rb25det), but it is actually kind of a good thing, i have 8 months till im on my fulls and the compliance plate is calling it non turbo, even tho i have a run around for now its still reassuring that i can be a little less worried when i drive it :P

Edited by azzafreddy

maybe i should hit the car yard up for false advertisement then, it was advertised as a 94' r33 4 door gts25/t rb25det, the nissan FAST program i have tells me its a 93' r33 4 door gts25/g rb25de,

The year of a car is determined by it's first year of registration. For example, I used to have an r32 gts-t that was a 93 model but FAST listed it's 'build' date as November 92.

Likewise a friend bought a commodore at the start of last year which is listed as an '09 model but the car was 'built' in 2008.

You can give us your chasis number, best look at the driver side back of the engine theres a plate thats says either HCR32 or ECR33, that 30 something is the name of the car plus dude change that ugly color yuck

i have an 1994' r33 rb25det. i know this..

every time i get a roadworthy done or vic roads looks up my engine number it says its an r32 1998" model. when i purchased the car they said it was a 1998 model even tho i knew it was definitely a 1994 model.. im thinking this could be because it was inported in 1998 but what i dont understand why is it being called an r32? i know my cars not stolen because i had it roadworthy & registration done about 3 months ago and they do a background check.. any ideas?