SAU Community

keeping tyres shiny

Guest 33GTS25

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta say any of the McGuires range, I'm suprised it hadn'r been said yet. It costs a bit, but lasts for weeeeks, and my panel beater said it's the pest stuff for your tyres, no silicone in it which apparently does bad things...i dunno

Taken from the Meguiers website:

Endurance Tyre Protectant Gel

Finally, a tyre protectant that lasts weeks, not days… even after rain and washing.

Endurance is a significant advancement in tyre protectant technology, providing a rich, dark "like new" look for weeks longer than you expect with ordinary protectants.

Endurance is a concentrated gel that saves you time and money by eliminating overspray, runs, drips, spotted driveways, messy cleanup and stained towels.By lasting longer, it also saves you money because it requires fewer applications.

An added bonus is that Endurance contains revolutionary antiozonants and protective polymers that help prevent browning from environmental elements.

This keeps your tyres looking true black.

No runs, overspray or stained driveways

Comes with special applicator

Available in 'natural look' and high gloss finishes

Now in 16oz/473ml size for even better value

It doesn't state anywhere in there about silicon, so I guess they must of had that previously but has now removed it from the contents.

I'll probably go and buy a bottle and compare it with what i got and see how we go.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by JiMb0

Cool, any ideas how to get the black crap off my tyres that was put on at the auction yard in Japan ... it's like a sticky tar  substance .... not good ... I think next weekend I'll take each rim off one at a time and clean them down thouroughly with some degreaser.

JiMbO what is with the black tar shit that gets sprayed all over cars in japan? Check this 33 out, it also copped some on the front bumper.

i use stuff called, wait for it......"tyre shine". At my dads shop he has about 10 Letres of the stuff and we use about a letre a year. but a little on and the tyres are shinny for a long time. its pretty cheap aswell

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Meguiars Endurance stuff, and it's great.

Easy and quick to apply, comes with the applicator, no cleaning needed unless your tyres are that REALLY horrible brown/grey colour, and lasts ages!

Speaking of which, my car needs a wash and service (at least an oil and filter change)...

Guest Stocker

Armor all is great, been using it on tyres for years. I just spray it on though, and rub it around with a cloth to finish it off.

Regards, Andrew.

I just use 'auto king bumper and tyre spray' Its cheaper then the brand name stuff, its silicone spray so its naturally shiny, and wont do ****e to your tyres. If you really wanna get it off, just use wax and grease remover, no worries.

And BTW, that photo of the R33 with the black stuff on the bumper looks more like the car infront of it got started up, and blew a heap of rich running black fuel all over it...:D