SAU Community

I Think You Can Understand Why Im Pissed Off

infiltrator

That sucks!

Bloody women in "softroaders".

Actually, all "softroaders" should be banned!

You either have a wagon, 4WD (a real one, you know that can go off road) or a people mover (Honda Odyssey etc)

Best of luck with the repairs, Marty.

That sucks!

You either have a wagon, 4WD (a real one, you know that can go off road) or a people mover (Honda Odyssey etc)

I agree with you totally....

stupid person in a rav 4 decided that she didnt want to turn right any more and went to get in to the straight lane.... but i was there.... :D

Unlucky bud. Had to be a woman hey -i dont believe in coincidences i have had crashes with three. One was my wifey lol.

I feel for you dude. But as stinky said free rust removal. Gotta look on the bright side or we all wouldnt get out of bed in the morning.

Edited by dirtyRS4

That sucks!

i have to disagree with you there. softroaders are better than 4wds, for 2 reasons, they generally stop better (good if they have to stop in a hurry so they don't run up the back of you) and if you are parked next to either of them, the softroader is much easier to see around when pulling out of the park. nothing worse than having some big landcruiser parked next to you and having to basically be the whole way out of the park before you have any idea of whether there is a car coming or not. and most 4wds these days are owned by people who have no intention of taking them offroad. i've been driving along narrow roads and had a 4wd coming the other way and they have forced me to nearly put all 4 wheels off the road onto the shoulder because they didn't want to get their precious 4wd dirty. most 4wd owners these days would somehow manage to get themselves bogged driving on a concrete driveway with a thick layer of leaves on it they are so stupid.

i have to disagree with you there. softroaders are better than 4wds, for 2 reasons, they generally stop better (good if they have to stop in a hurry so they don't run up the back of you) and if you are parked next to either of them, the softroader is much easier to see around when pulling out of the park. nothing worse than having some big landcruiser parked next to you and having to basically be the whole way out of the park before you have any idea of whether there is a car coming or not. and most 4wds these days are owned by people who have no intention of taking them offroad. i've been driving along narrow roads and had a 4wd coming the other way and they have forced me to nearly put all 4 wheels off the road onto the shoulder because they didn't want to get their precious 4wd dirty. most 4wd owners these days would somehow manage to get themselves bogged driving on a concrete driveway with a thick layer of leaves on it they are so stupid.

Yes, I agree with what you say in they are better than 4WD's from that perspective... but what if (and work with me here), what if all softroader owners were in wagons, sedans or people movers?

You would have NO trouble with visibility and road space then would you?

I have no problem with (real) 4WD owners, who actually use their vehicle for it's intended purpose regularly, having their 2 ton bricks on the road.

If it is their only vehicle, then so be it.

As an aside, there are a lot of (real) 4WD owners out there that are a similar community to us believe it or not (they love their cars and mod for pleasure and purpose).

I DO have a problem with owners who have to be in a softroader to "see over" and "look down" on other motorists.

I DO have a problem with a Mum dropping her 1 or 2 children off at school in something larger/higher than a sedan/wagon/people mover.... Half the time the car is just too big for them to see what they are running into and the other half, they have no idea what they are doing or how to go about doing it.

I DO have a problem with the thought that (real) 4WD's and softroaders can be compared to one another. They are completely different vehicles for a completely different purpose.

I say ban the softroader.... yes that includes the stupid X3/5/7/9 and the Porsche Cayenne where the idea of "offroad" is a gravel road or or emergence lane.

Yes, I agree with what you say in they are better than 4WD's from that perspective... but what if (and work with me here), what if all softroader owners were in wagons, sedans or people movers?

You would have NO trouble with visibility and road space then would you?

I have no problem with (real) 4WD owners, who actually use their vehicle for it's intended purpose regularly, having their 2 ton bricks on the road.

If it is their only vehicle, then so be it.

As an aside, there are a lot of (real) 4WD owners out there that are a similar community to us believe it or not (they love their cars and mod for pleasure and purpose).

I DO have a problem with owners who have to be in a softroader to "see over" and "look down" on other motorists.

I DO have a problem with a Mum dropping her 1 or 2 children off at school in something larger/higher than a sedan/wagon/people mover.... Half the time the car is just too big for them to see what they are running into and the other half, they have no idea what they are doing or how to go about doing it.

I DO have a problem with the thought that (real) 4WD's and softroaders can be compared to one another. They are completely different vehicles for a completely different purpose.

I say ban the softroader.... yes that includes the stupid X3/5/7/9 and the Porsche Cayenne where the idea of "offroad" is a gravel road or or emergence lane.

Aye...I agree with Cam ,couple of times I dropped my kid at school ...feel scared...very scared with a fat B...h stopping 5 cm. of your tail (not carefully stopping ,really suddenly stopping)+ no control over the vehicle while changing lanes (going from one to the other ,but finishing halfway on the third one) ++ abuse/lack of respect just because that piece of S...t is bigger/heavier.

As said ,if you use it for offroad / pulling trailer/boat/caravan and it's your only transport it's ok...don't go live near the city and have a Prado that's bigger than your flat, because your little brain says bigger= safer...

Don't forget rust buckets a.k.a. I don't care ..crash me it's old ,heavy and I have no insurance + careless tradies with staff flying all over the road( one time one idiot's bucket felt of his ute in front of me , on the freeway, just missing my car by couple of inches)

thats nasty :D im a hater of softroaders too!

cant stand ppl that think its okay to drive like a asshole/b**tch cos their car is bigger than the ave car.

drive down toorak rd / high st prahran.. you will hate it. so many cayennes and X3/5/7/9 u can poke a stick at

hope it all gets fixed okay marty!

i was shitty cos some idiot who parks next to me in the same flat complex

let their door touch mine and left a white mark / slight dint

i'll get it detailed and hopefully will come out easy! (they didnt even notice / leave a note either)

####!! what ***holes..

That sucks :down: It must be the week for Stag's getting hit. Yours is the 3rd one that I know of this week.

Mine was reversed into when it was parked on the street by a p plater who then did a runner but luckily for me 3 guys going for a run saw the whole thing and chased her long enough to get her rego number. If they hadn't I would have come out to find my car all dented and had no idea how it happened.

Hopefully your insurance people fix it quickly :)

Yeah she has got insurance.

hope its not AAMI tho.... i have a perfered repairer, but they dont do AAMI. fingers crossed

as far as i can see, that's their issue not yours.

you can go to whoever you want. no doubt at all assuming you have comp insurance, and it should be the same even if you are not insured

I still have stock suspension on my stag so sometimes I feel like a 'softrider' or 'softloader' or whatever you called them, but really is it the car or the stereotype that drives them? I have never had a problem with them. Is it because I don't have kids and am not in contact with them? doubt it. Is there a deeper issue here? some kind of jealousy perhaps? :D

Edited by reiseva

I still have stock suspension on my stag so sometimes I feel like a 'softrider' or 'softloader' or whatever you called them, but really is it the car or the stereotype that drives them? I have never had a problem with them. Is it because I don't have kids and am not in contact with them? doubt it. Is there a deeper issue here? some kind of jealousy perhaps? :D

you have ppl who buy 4x4's to go off road but you also have a different breed

around schools (generally more affluent schools) you have the ppl (usually mothers) who think that every time they go for a drive they are going to be in a fatal accident and whols confidence on the road isn't high - their reaction to this is to buy a massive steel box to contain their children (4x4)

but wait, many other mothers also have this brilliant idea, so what you get is 70% of the cars in and around schools driven by someone who isn't confident in driving a small car = complete fail at driving

i think the government should put some sort of cap on who can buy a 4x4, maybe some form of extra licence cos they dont stop or turn like a normal car - that would stop most of them

as far as i can see, that's their issue not yours.

you can go to whoever you want. no doubt at all assuming you have comp insurance, and it should be the same even if you are not insured

If you have Comp Insurance, you can take it to the repairer of your choice, and your insurer will assess it... you claim against your insurance, and as long as they can get the folding out of hers you don't pay excess or loose no claim...

If you don't have comp, you need to get two or three quotes unless you use one of their repairers, in which case their assessor verifies the beaters quote and gives it the go ahead...

Whatever you do, don't let it go to one of their "assessment centers" where the dodgiest of the dodgiest who can't get work trough word of mouth pick up the work by being the cheapest, and then cut corners to make a proffit...

Cheers,

Daewoo