SAU Community

Just Bought Some 18' Drifteks

Hi guys,

Just purchased some 18'/8.5 silver drifteks, they look pretty good and I got them in a package with 235 Zeetex all round for $1900 new,

I was just a bit concerned with the tyre brand as I have never heard of them before,

Does anyone know much about Zeetex?, I know the guy at the shop so if I don't like them I might end up changing them with a bit of extra dosh his way,

Thanks,

mate you've got one of the best cars ever built, please don't put basic tyres under it. even worse, don't put rubbish tyes under it then spend money on mods for power/handling/brakes. Remember every single $$ you spend on that stuff gets transmitted through whatever tyres you fit.

For between 250 and 400 a tyre (ie no more than $1600), you can make your car handle brilliantly without changing anything else

If you are looking for good value performance tyres check out falken fk 452, federal 595S or kumho ku36. All very good value for money and some of the best ways you can improve your car.

yer I don't really have a lot of money atm so I will just drive on these for the moment and in a month or 2 time I'll get some better tyres for it. they will do the job just for the moment.

I bought a set of Zeetex lately but 17" for my stock GTT wheels @ $135 per corner. I got no issues with them - but in saying that I don't really drive my car too hard. They are quiet, smooth, better acceleration, stop pretty well and seem to have improved my fuel economy.

But I do notice it has some slight squirm under tighter corners - I'm guessing its due to its softer sidewalls - compared to my older tyres.

I guess the tyre is designed as an "overall"/daily tyre as opposed to a true sports tyre.

If your car is cruiser/daily and don't really push it - I think it is a good value option.

whats wrong with driftteks ? better then some of the trash i see around thats for sure

I don't think he's saying there's anything wrong drifteks. He outlined "FOOT" cause the title is 18'(Feet/foot) when it's meant to be 18"(inch/inches) *sorry for going off topic lol*

argh i couldn't hold out any longer

18' drifteks? 18 FOOT drifteks? REALLY?

and ffs don't cheap out on tyres..

haha you know what i mean lol i missed the other apostrophe,

and i got the guy to swap the tyres for marongoni's free of charge, don't ask me how i got away with that though lol

haha you know what i mean lol i missed the other apostrophe,

and i got the guy to swap the tyres for marongoni's free of charge, don't ask me how i got away with that though lol

because maringoni's are a cheap tyre that did well in a wheels mag test and places are buying them in bulk amounts due to the number of sheep that think wheels is a gospel :blink:

also the guy is your mate

• 2 weeks later...