SAU Community

Dr30 Skyline Rs 1984

SimonF

Hi Guys, Could someone please advise. I am a vehicle importer and managed to pick up an old skyline on a trip. 1984 DR30 RS turbo. Car is rust free and would suit restoration. Bodywork solid and interior quite neat but requires repaint. Seems to run and drive well. FJ20 with large turbo. Could someone please advise on what this car may be worth? I can be contacted on [email protected] for further info

post-71406-1268000110_thumb.jpg

post-71406-1268000154_thumb.jpg

post-71406-1268000174_thumb.jpg

post-71406-1268000198_thumb.jpg

post-71406-1268000221_thumb.jpg

post-71406-1268000249_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys, Could someone please advise. I am a vehicle importer and managed to pick up an old skyline on a trip. 1984 DR30 RS turbo. Car is rust free and would suit restoration. Bodywork solid and interior quite neat but requires repaint. Seems to run and drive well. FJ20 with large turbo. Could someone please advise on what this car may be worth? I can be contacted on [email protected] for further info

hey Simon

working as a car importer myself for neally 10 years i hope i can atleast throw some advice in here lol

if you can comply and register it you will be able to move it easier my guess is that it is between 7-10k if registered. it looks like a clean genuine car so that will help it, its not going to move quick unless its cheap as it is still an old car classic or not.

also as i am sure that you will be aware presentation will also help.

Marc

Edited by FJ20DR30

15k buy it now on ebay

I thought you were kidding but it's there

Bloody heck $15k that's rich and it's had a colour change

Hi,

It's been on eBay a few times now. 'Buy now' price was $17.5K, then $15K, and (as of today) $10K.

eBay link

Starting price of $10K attracted 0 bids on two listings.  Now listed as $8000 but still 'reserve not met'. 

It's probably not a good comparison but the two PNV Skylines remain unsold after many months at a current price of $8.5K. The last DR30 sale here (correct me if wrong) was D-Limo to Ghostrider at around $4K. 

Looking at the pics, I'm wondering what this cable, heat shielding cloth and tape (hopefully not duct tape!) is all about.

post-61769-1268172455_thumb.jpg 

Has anyone here been to see the car? (Dennis perhaps?)

JH

if it was really clean I could understand 15,000 but even then I dont think the australian market values DR30's too much.

From what I think Its much cheaper to buy one already in Australia but you will get a 'drifter' or 'fixer-upper' not many clean ones go up for sale, with the exception like ravenoak and Vaughn's DR30's.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

It's been on eBay a few times now. 'Buy now' price was $17.5K, then $15K, and (as of today) $10K.

eBay link

Starting price of $10K attracted 0 bids on two listings. Now listed as $8000 but still 'reserve not met'.

It's probably not a good comparison but the two PNV Skylines remain unsold after many months at a current price of $8.5K. The last DR30 sale here (correct me if wrong) was D-Limo to Ghostrider at around $4K.

Looking at the pics, I'm wondering what this cable, heat shielding cloth and tape (hopefully not duct tape!) is all about.

post-61769-1268172455_thumb.jpg

Has anyone here been to see the car? (Dennis perhaps?)

JH

I looked at this car today!

It is at JAX Quickfit Narellan (5 Yarmouth Place Smeaton Grange) and the same guy owns Sydney Compliance Centre.

It is an 6th month (June) 1983 model according to FAST, not 84 as advertised. Body number DR30-030326.

The braided line is the oil feed line to the turbo and the insulation over it is protecting it from the tube bent exhaust manifold AND surprise surprise, the insulation is held on by 100mph cloth reinforced tape.

The turbo is an interesting piece of work, has GARRETT on the front housing, A/R 0.50, has what looks to me as a standard dump pipe, yet is externally wastegated which vents to atmosphere through a screamer pipe to just below the floor pan.

The piping to the throttle body is extra dodgy, lots of backyard welds and not good ones, made up of bits of stock factory piping and whatever was lying around by the looks.

There is a stay arrangement fabricated to mount on the strut brace & inlet manifold to control engine hop under acceleration.

The carbon canister is just wedged in the front, isn't held in any way other than got nowhere it can go.

Paint is very ordinary, crows feet and bubbles all over it, with clear peeling in lots of places, which would need to be addressed if going to be a street car. So I guess a bare metal respray would be in order to make it a nice daily. The white marks on the front bumper is paint peeling, either clear and or black. S2 84/85 bumpers fitted with a/mkt indicators fitted with wiring going through early mount holes in guards.

Interior is clean with lots of gauges & turbo timer & boost controler.

Overall, not my cup of tea ....... too far gone for a streeter and too expensive for a drifter as it's a non intercooled R/S poverty pack that needs lots of dollars thrown at it.

Cheers, D

post-2962-1268993354_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1268993375_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1268993393_thumb.jpg

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the detailed first-hand report. Sounds like there's plenty of work awaiting the successful bidder. Hopefully they do their homework before pressing the 'Place Bid' button.

JH

• 2 weeks later...

Ghostrider i offered him 5k when it was on eBay he came back with it has a 6500 reserve but looking at the other pics

I'm glad he didn't except really i wouldn't take it of his hands for more than 3k so i think it will stay with him for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a price difference from 15K though!

Congratulations on the purchase of a DR30! MAG86.

Now did you want to complete your collection with my HR31? :D

was interested in this as well,

thanks for the detailed description there Ghostrider, saves me from going to have a look at it now.

May just have to import a bog stock RS-X seeing as though clean ones are near impossible to find here for the right $$

Geez $6k for that is about $3k too much!!

wow... that's cheep for what we pay for them.. Talk to orion, cost him around 10-12k per dr30 landed and on the road. (NZ)

My hr30 before all the work was valued at 3.5k. I guess the market is a lot different there ?