SAU Community

I've Joined The Forklift Club

FineLine

After a broken valve spring demolished my last 25 it was (or so I thought) the easier option to drop in a fresh forged 30 engine I had in waiting.

Quite surprised at how many little changes need to be made to make it work such as oil and water lines, vct oil feed, engine mounts etc.

If all stays on track we should be on the rollers as early as next monday so heres hoping for some same 450/ 500 hp fun at less revs.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a sad day for SAU... :(

Its actually a sad day for me Ash. I loved the wail of the 25 givin it to some bogan at powercruise with more engine out of the bonnet than under it. I guess I'll never realise the full potential of the setup now. However i just cant afford to continue down the same path.

What really cuts me is that beautiful cylinder head is now a doorstop, That was the last straw, I either find a way to do it without leaning on it so hard or i go lawn bowling.

Noel, do you have any better pics of your cars rear guard flaring ? Being black , i found it very hard to notice what you had done in your other thread, whenever that was :(

Gary

Welcome to the club.. i have a spare forged 30 sitting inside the house too.. only cause i can't afford the 26 head work yet !! Tempted to just whack it under the current 5cyl RB25 for the sprint season.

Its actually a sad day for me Ash. I loved the wail of the 25 givin it to some bogan at powercruise with more engine out of the bonnet than under it. I guess I'll never realise the full potential of the setup now. However i just cant afford to continue down the same path.

What really cuts me is that beautiful cylinder head is now a doorstop, That was the last straw, I either find a way to do it without leaning on it so hard or i go lawn bowling.

Indeed, i gotta say i loved my RB25 as well, not as much as the 26 though... lol.

Tell me you are going 25NEO/30 with VCT and 26 intake... hahaha :(

Noel, do you have any better pics of your cars rear guard flaring ? Being black , i found it very hard to notice what you had done in your other thread, whenever that was :(

Gary

Welcome to the club.. i have a spare forged 30 sitting inside the house too.. only cause i can't afford the 26 head work yet !! Tempted to just whack it under the current 5cyl RB25 for the sprint season.

Its quite minor gary. The guards have only been pulled about 15 mil.

When my mate gets back from hols with his big mofo canon camera I will try and get some pics that show it more.

Its quite minor gary. The guards have only been pulled about 15 mil.

When my mate gets back from hols with his big mofo canon camera I will try and get some pics that show it more.

Thanks Noel, will be good to to see it better , see how it looks with the gtr front end on there.

Gary

looks f**kin pr0n with the GTR front end!

least it will be able to chirp second now with the forklift power!!!

whats the spec on the new head? Such a shame that the old one has gone to the gods :)

After a broken valve spring demolished my last 25 it was (or so I thought) the easier option to drop in a fresh forged 30 engine I had in waiting.

Quite surprised at how many little changes need to be made to make it work such as oil and water lines, vct oil feed, engine mounts etc.

If all stays on track we should be on the rollers as early as next monday so heres hoping for some same 450/ 500 hp fun at less revs.

what you on about willis, the 30 drops into a GTST without any mods to the engine mounts (or are you using a standard intake manifold?).

what you on about willis, the 30 drops into a GTST without any mods to the engine mounts (or are you using a standard intake manifold?).

Yes Yes! It does!! But I want mine the same height as the 25. :)

The rb30 'forklift' (thanks paul) will pick up and crush an rb26 in every aspect of performance let alone the rb25 :P

The r35gtr has increased capacity for every logical reason, easy and effortless power delivery.

My previous rb26 feels like a 2 stroke in comparison haha.

Anyways, will be good to get your take on it when you kick your rb30 in the guts