SAU Community

I need HELP my GTR is only boosting up to 0.3 bar, were it used to boost up to 0.5 befor. if any one now what i should look for it would be great.

Any symptoms? Splutter? Missing?

Had anything in or out?

Tried to clean anything when all of this happened?

Why was it running even at 0.5bar when it should have been 0.8 on a squirt?

Any symptoms? Splutter? Missing?

Had anything in or out?

Tried to clean anything when all of this happened?

Why was it running even at 0.5bar when it should have been 0.8 on a squirt?

changed the oil not long before it happened and the car has always been runnig on 0.5 since i got the car last year.

other than that the car is running good.

One thing that can do it is a collapsed cat. It happened on my last car.

never would of thought of that i ll have a look on the weekend.

I need HELP my GTR is only boosting up to 0.3 bar, were it used to boost up to 0.5 befor. if any one now what i should look for it would be great.

thanks mate, new around here and dont now a lot of shops

If you are going off the stock MFD, can you tell what it reads as idle?

Have a listen at idle in the engine bay for hissing too. Theres a thin vacuum hose that goes from the rear of the engine to the sensor pickup near the driver side strut tower. Have a feel for leaks.

Mine split ever so slightly near the join. Symptom was almost no vacuum on the boost gauge and had the same issue when giving a slight boot. You would also occassionally see a bit more fuel in your exhaust.

If you are going off the stock MFD, can you tell what it reads as idle?

Have a listen at idle in the engine bay for hissing too. Theres a thin vacuum hose that goes from the rear of the engine to the sensor pickup near the driver side strut tower. Have a feel for leaks.

Mine split ever so slightly near the join. Symptom was almost no vacuum on the boost gauge and had the same issue when giving a slight boot. You would also occassionally see a bit more fuel in your exhaust.

hey mate you were right .the pipe going from the rear of the engine to the boost sensor split right behind the engine.thanks a lot for your help.

it is boosting upto 1bar now.

One thing that can do it is a collapsed cat. It happened on my last car.

hi mate i checked the cat today and found the exhaust was leaking from both sides, but the cat it self was ok. i changed the gaskets but it ends up it wasent the problem. i found the pipe that goes to the boost sensor was broken from behind the engine. but thanks for all your help.

sounds like you got it sorted, but for workshops i would highly recommend Status Tuning (soon to be Chequered Tuning) and also of course Race Pace Motorsports if you need the car checked.

Any mods yet? Trent (Status Tuning) can work some real magic if you need something tuned :)

sounds like you got it sorted, but for workshops i would highly recommend Status Tuning (soon to be Chequered Tuning) and also of course Race Pace Motorsports if you need the car checked.

Any mods yet? Trent (Status Tuning) can work some real magic if you need something tuned :cool:

no i havent done anything to the car yet, i whant to pay it of first. wher are those work shops based do you now?

south dandenong and bayswater, off the top of my head - Status is deadset easy to get to, very close to EastLink. Don't know about RacePace.

doesn't really matter anyway. If it takes a while to get to a good tuner, it takes a while to get to a good tuner. It is EASILY worth the time/effort to take your car to a place that knows what they're doing.