SAU Community

225 45 17's On Standard C34 S2 Autech Rim ?

ssshonky

Ok to cut a long story short, I did have a look thru the various wheel threads but they focused more on the wheel offset etc Vs actual tyre fitment.

the 215 50 17 size that the Stagea has now is limiting our choice of replacement tyre.

Has anyone actually FIT a 225 45 17 to their C34 S2 , ours has the "autech" rims not sure if they are any different than others.

I just dont want to order the tyres then get em here and they dont fit.

Anyone shed any light on this?

Ok to cut a long story short, I did have a look thru the various wheel threads but they focused more on the wheel offset etc Vs actual tyre fitment.

the 215 50 17 size that the Stagea has now is limiting our choice of replacement tyre.

Has anyone actually FIT a 225 45 17 to their C34 S2 , ours has the "autech" rims not sure if they are any different than others.

I just dont want to order the tyres then get em here and they dont fit.

Anyone shed any light on this?

Stock Autech Rims are 17x7 + 30 front 17x7 + 20 rear. I run 17 x 9 +20 Wedsports SA90s with 235 45 17 with RE001s. Had floating spaces but f**ked them off. Needed nismo long bolts because of not much thread. Basically R33 GTR offset. I will not go up to 18s for daily driving only for show. Duncan runs these exact rims with Feds as far as I know.

Fitting these will be close to perfect, just dont rotate front with back because they are offset specific. You dont want to strech your tyre either, so 225s are fine for 7s. If you are from WA give chuckie a pm regarding Hankooks. Ive heard Nittos are also good and much cheaper. Buy a good set of tyres. Mine cost more than my rims but it has payed off in the long run.

Edited by dirtyRS4

225/45 will fit, but you will pay more then for a 235/45 as its a very common size, i have 235's on my autech rims and they fit fine, bulge a tiny amount but you cannot feel it when driving hard ish.

Id go the 235, can get em from $100

225/45 will fit, but you will pay more then for a 235/45 as its a very common size, i have 235's on my autech rims and they fit fine, bulge a tiny amount but you cannot feel it when driving hard ish.

Id go the 235, can get em from $100

So if your 235 fit the 225 should be fine yeah? I just don't wanna order tyres then get stuck when they don't fit

i have 235 45s on my wheels . which were rs four s 17x7 +30 . i now have 4 front autech wheels ,exact same size . nothin wrong with it . can someone tell me why the fore mentioned tire shop wouldnt do this?

Unfortunately I was away with work and someone else took the car to the tyre shop for me. The tyre shop had ordered in some 235/45/R17s for me and then when they took the car in, they rang me and said that it was illegal to fit these tyres to a 7" rim. That's all I know...

I'm away again, so can't confirm the tyre size that's on there now. I've asked the misses to check for me. She'll get back to me soon. I'm pretty sure they are 225/45/R17s and they are the tyres the compliance centre put on for me.

225 will fit on a 7in rim. You can search online for fitment charts to confirm if you want.

235 will fit but are not recommended although i don't know about ïllegal" especially when I see some of the stupidly "stretched" tyres that some people have.

So if your 235 fit the 225 should be fine yeah? I just don't wanna order tyres then get stuck when they don't fit

Yeah they will fit easily.

Ive never heard of them refusing to fit tyres before, a 265 sure but not a 235, the standard stagea size is a 225/50/17.

Just being pedantic.

I have stock Autech Rims (17x7) and the stock fitment as far as i know is actuallt 225/50/17 from factory, and is what I'm running.

I have a slightly separate question for those with a 260RS.... What size wheels can I fit??? I have the bilstein struts and have lowered them as far as I can.

It seems to me like 18x9 will not fit, so was thinking 18x8 +15 for the rear, and probably +25 for the front (matching up the stock offsets).

235/45/17 are illegal on a 7" rim, narrowest it can be legally fitted to is a 7.5" any good tyre shop should refuse to fit them to a 7 because they can get in shit if you get defected for it as they shouldnt have fitted it.

i have 225/45/17 on my rs4s rims, apart from f**king the speedo reading due to the smaller rolling height, they fit perfectly fine. my speedo just reads about 9km/h under what im actually doing

D.

I got told that 225 45 17 should be same rolling diameter as 215 50 17?? Was he full of shit?

235/45/17 are illegal on a 7" rim, narrowest it can be legally fitted to is a 7.5" any good tyre shop should refuse to fit them to a 7 because they can get in shit if you get defected for it as they shouldnt have fitted it.

i have 225/45/17 on my rs4s rims, apart from f**king the speedo reading due to the smaller rolling height, they fit perfectly fine. my speedo just reads about 9km/h under what im actually doing

D.

I got told that 225 45 17 should be same rolling diameter as 215 50 17?? Was he full of shit?
They will be near enough the same...a little bit smaller so your speedo will read a little higher.