SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

It also runs a percision turbo, think its a 7xxx. 1060awhp I think it made at Downshift Dyno day. Nitto 3.2 stroker in it.

Nitto was on a 7675 and 43-ish PSI when it made 845awhp on the stock bottom end i'm pretty sure.

Nitto was on a 7675 and 43-ish PSI when it made 845awhp on the stock bottom end i'm pretty sure.

Yeah that was on their RB26 motor they had. Think that one died lol. The stroked 3.2 is the new"ish" engine that makes 1060awhp.

Will be interesting to see what times it runs once they fix their issues. 160mph is bloody fast!

Here is the what it looks like to pull off a 6766 and put on a 6466 both tuned to run on 93 oct. at 23.5 psi blue lines are the 6466

Still needs cleaned up a bit but I like the look of it. :yes:

IMG_0866_zps8c498885.jpg

Edited by Weapon X

More details of the type of car? I'd guess from the weak early power delivery and rpm that it's an RB26 with big cams?

Awesome power, surprised there wasn't that big of an improvement in spool between the two - without boost curve overlay it's easy to assume the 6466 just has a little more midrange boost pushed into it

The 64mm compressor seems to not flow a huge amount short of the 6766, I think it makes the 6766 redundant and those who want to go to the next level up in power from the 6466 should be looking at one of the HTA units - especially on an RB.

The lack of spool difference on the dyno is a surprise, though I'd expect that transient response will paint a different picture - unless there is something else unaccounted for in that comparison.

• Like 1

RB28 with Tomei 270 cams ,Full Race header, Precision 6466 ,head work, Tomei cam gears ,3 5/8 down pipe to 4" , Magna Fuel Pro tuner pump, -10 to the front ,-8 to a sard rail ,2 -6 returns 1000 cc ID's ,2 Precision 38 mm waste gates, EGT per cylinder ,AEM , the normal stuff.

My modification to a Full Race header to keep heat away.

0292.jpg

Edited by Weapon X

I wonder if that is reaching the potential of the turbine wheel or if there just isn't that much between the 64 and 67mm compressors?

What im being told is the 6466 is just starting at this boost gets better as it goes up.

The 64mm compressor seems to not flow a huge amount short of the 6766, I think it makes the 6766 redundant and those who want to go to the next level up in power from the 6466 should be looking at one of the HTA units - especially on an RB.

The lack of spool difference on the dyno is a surprise, though I'd expect that transient response will paint a different picture - unless there is something else unaccounted for in that comparison.

It's 4th gear pulls but I thought it would spool like 300 rpm sooner but they data logs look almost the same just more efficient wheel for that rpm in this powers case I guess

Edited by Weapon X

RB28 with Tomei 270 cams ,Full Race header, Precision 6466 ,head work, Tomei cam gears ,3 5/8 down pipe to 4" , Magna Fuel Pro tuner pump, -10 to the front ,-8 to a sard rail ,2 -6 returns 1000 cc ID's ,2 Precision 38 mm waste gates, EGT per cylinder , the normal stuff.

My modification to a Full Race header to keep heat away.

So it's your car? How does it compare before and after to drive? Its really good power but that lag looks much worse than I would have expected, especially on a stroker! Seems like a very nice setup otherwise, nice work :)

So it's your car? How does it compare before and after to drive? Its really good power but that lag looks much worse than I would have expected, especially on a stroker! Seems like a very nice setup otherwise, nice work :)

Yes this ones mine. It's still setting on the Dyno i'm going to make a few more pulls in the cool morning air and maybe try adjusting the valve timing a bit I'm setting on zero on both now.

I'm going to try to advance the intake a bit then retard the exhaust just to see. We have 3 other customer cars to finish...

Yes lag blows.

Fingers crossed it can improve a little bit, though I'm guessing its not going to be a huge amount better. Would have liked to have seen it all in by mid 4000rpm on a 2.8 - at least when not running a huge amount of boost.

Let us know how you find the 6466 vs the 6766... and on that note, how did the 6766 drive?

yes it will.

small rear housing.

bb cartridge.

.84 with the twin scroll ?

or is this to small and all it will do is generate heat?

motor is a standard 2.6 but will be built once it blows want a 2.8 kit

Interesting to note the SR22VET is superior on all accounts. Its over half a litre smaller.

It goes to show that cylinder head technology pays out a lot more than cubes.