SAU Community

Link G4

no he wont....its all secret squirrel stuff...i spent hours looking on the net for pricing and got nadda.

plus they arnt the same thing....but they are...but they are different....but they are the same

lol

You can buy a Link G4 straight from the factory for NZ$1820 : http://www.linkecu.com/

or from any Link dealer in New Zealand at the same price (they have an agreement not to discount)

e.g. http://www.nzperformance.co.nz/store/index...t&Submit=Go

The part number for an R33 plug in is NGT4

p.s. you will probably want an air temp sensor as well

no he wont....its all secret squirrel stuff...i spent hours looking on the net for pricing and got nadda.

plus they arnt the same thing....but they are...but they are different....but they are the same

lol

not secret at all $1880. :)

ok...so while we a pricing them.....v44 and v88 wire in...and same with the link, G4 Extreme and the other one

Paul I thought that Ray Hall wasnt allowing the supply only price to be released...maybe thats changed?

ok...so while we a pricing them.....v44 and v88 wire in...and same with the link, G4 Extreme and the other one

Paul I thought that Ray Hall wasnt allowing the supply only price to be released...maybe thats changed?

Frankly i couldn't give a flying one about what Ray says. Ive just told you what i buy them for as a member of the public. All this garbage about dealer crap and pricing is im sure affecting their sales. A friend of mine recently called a Vi-pec dealer asking to supply an expansion cable...the dealer then rudely asked who is it for and what car its going in and who's tuning it etc...he got the impression the dealer was obviously shitty that someone else on his 'turf' was installing and tuning the ecu's.

If i get some interest ill run a group buy for those interested to try and bring the price down.

Frankly i couldn't give a flying one about what Ray says. Ive just told you what i buy them for as a member of the public. All this garbage about dealer crap and pricing is im sure affecting their sales. A friend of mine recently called a Vi-pec dealer asking to supply an expansion cable...the dealer then rudely asked who is it for and what car its going in and who's tuning it etc...he got the impression the dealer was obviously shitty that someone else on his 'turf' was installing and tuning the ecu's.

If i get some interest ill run a group buy for those interested to try and bring the price down.

Have to agree to an extent. i enquired about being a reseller and well he didnt like, he will sell me them to wire in and play with on my own and my customers cars at a similar price to what you stated paul... but he definately wasnt keen on the sell at trade price to business who purely wanted to onsell to others around the country. it definately would be hurting the sale of them. i cant understand why they are keeping it the way they are... makes me tempted to swing towards the Link's however being local to ray i can simply phone ahead and pick up same day.

If you clicked on the link (no pun intended) supplied above you would find the G4 extreme costs another NZ$1000 (so about another AU$750) more than the plugin.

There will be good reason for people to favor the Vi-Pec soon.

Ray looks after his dealers. Thats the way it should be. Vi-Pec has a RRP and if you wish to buy one you should buy from your local dealer in your state so you can get support directly from the dealer you purchased it from.

I can see where Ray is coming from, Why would he have a few internet dealers selling his ecu's around the country at a price lower then the the RRP, they will be on ebay for $10 more then the dealer price and then the dealers will not be able to sell them and this will make them angry, why should the dealer give support and help out Vi-Pec customers if they are not buying the ecu's directly from them ? I know I would be pissed and not want to help out if this was happening.

Can you imagine all the bullshit / shitfights that would go on if they let this happen? it would be a complete f**king mess!

If you buy a ECU from ebay and you cannot start the car are you going to "contact seller" and ask him what to do? No. You need to get good support and thats why Ray has his Dealer / Support network setup the way he does because he is customer focused and he wants his product to have a good name with good support which he currently does.

Its a great product and you should buy it from your local dealer, Its just like whinging and complaining that you cannot walk into the Sony warehouse in North Ryde and buy a big screen TV at dealer price.. It aint going to happen, go to the Good Guys and buy it there.

So quit your whinging. Support your local dealer, Buy from your dealer network and get the support you need directly from them without any problems.

While I understand what you are saying Anthony and I agree with you......

.....But every dealer i have spoken to have refused to sell me just the ecu to fit and possibly tune myself, they all give me rough prices for fitted and tuned and after i ask them again for just the supply price they wont answer me back.

I can understand that the dealers want as much out of the sale as they can get, I.e $1500 extra to fit and tune in some cases.

But it doesnt help me because i cant afford to fork out that much money in one go and I'm sure myself like a lot of others like to spread the cost....so instead of getting the ECU i wanted (vi-pec) i ended up with somthing else and regret every second of it.

There will be good reason for people to favor the Vi-Pec soon.

Ray looks after his dealers. Thats the way it should be. Vi-Pec has a RRP and if you wish to buy one you should buy from your local dealer in your state so you can get support directly from the dealer you purchased it from.

I can see where Ray is coming from, Why would he have a few internet dealers selling his ecu's around the country at a price lower then the the RRP, they will be on ebay for $10 more then the dealer price and then the dealers will not be able to sell them and this will make them angry, why should the dealer give support and help out Vi-Pec customers if they are not buying the ecu's directly from them ? I know I would be pissed and not want to help out if this was happening.

Can you imagine all the bullshit / shitfights that would go on if they let this happen? it would be a complete f**king mess!

If you buy a ECU from ebay and you cannot start the car are you going to "contact seller" and ask him what to do? No. You need to get good support and thats why Ray has his Dealer / Support network setup the way he does because he is customer focused and he wants his product to have a good name with good support which he currently does.

Its a great product and you should buy it from your local dealer, Its just like whinging and complaining that you cannot walk into the Sony warehouse in North Ryde and buy a big screen TV at dealer price.. It aint going to happen, go to the Good Guys and buy it there.

So quit your whinging. Support your local dealer, Buy from your dealer network and get the support you need directly from them without any problems.

I understand your point of view but disgree, I think competition on price is important.

So does the ACCC. Check out this link where a company was fined $3.4M for the same: http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml...omItemId/622289

Here's an excerpt:

"The Federal Court of Australia has today ordered penalties totalling $3.4 million against four Jurlique companies* and founder Dr Jurgen Klein.

Justice Spender in the Brisbane Court made the orders in proceedings instituted by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. The court declared that the Jurlique companies and Dr Klein engaged in resale price maintenance in the sale of Jurlique products between 1991 and 2003.

Resale price maintenance is prohibited under section 48 of the Trade Practices Act 1974 and occurs where suppliers prevent retailers discounting their products."