SAU Community

Advanced Driving Course Trackday #2

V35-2005

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were ripping up all the bitty along Port Wakefield road before Bolivar today

so if you can bypass this bit it might save you some stonechips. Might just be heading

southbound on way back so check it out - if you can come out from kings road you will

miss the mess.......

Have a good day out there guys.

Should we bring extra fuel, tools, fluids etc like we did at the track day or what. Is there going to be sheds open?

you shouldn't need extra fuel as you won't be going flat out round and round all day like the other trackdays. you won't need tools, ramps, etc unless you're planning to break your car tomorrow.

full tank of fuel, comfortable clothing and (driving) shoes should be all that you need. take all loose objects out of your car beforehand (and check under the seats) so that crap doesn't roll out and fly out when you're on the track.

check your tire pressures (cold) tonight or first thing tomorrow. set at 36-38psi cold for 17-18" street tires.

we like to start at 0830am sharp so make sure that you get to Mallala by 8am. a few of the instructors will be there from 8am.

stop mucking around with your cars now and make sure that you get a good night's sleep! :P

Definatly had a good day, great course to do and learnt quite alot. It's amazing how much you need to know and how much you need to think and remember when taking corners and going through apexes. Overall good day out on the track and it was great weather for it. Thanks to all who organized it all.

Oh and there were only 9 of us out there which in a way was good as we each had more runs.

Michael(GoAhead) took photos and should be putting them up tomorrow.

Mark, the fella with the Liberty just popped round and showed me some pics, look forward to seeing more. It really is a fantastic day, I don't understand why a course like this isn't compulsory for learner drivers.

Here's a question for ya Nik, you gonna do the HP day in November?

I'll upload the photos I took tomorrow when I get on the computer, I'm just on my phone, was an amazing day, cooked the brakes but was good, supra boys were good to, had some clean rides, even thou the v8 supra was a little different, highly recommend the course to anyone

Massive thanks to Kim for organizing the day and giving us the opportunity to be there

I'll upload the photos I took tomorrow when I get on the computer, I'm just on my phone, was an amazing day, cooked the brakes but was good, supra boys were good to, had some clean rides, even thou the v8 supra was a little different, highly recommend the course to anyone

Massive thanks to Kim for organizing the day and giving us the opportunity to be there

Need better fluid mister, shouldn't have cooked them on that day

Yep, I wasn't the only one thou, everything was going fine till we started doing laps, pulling up from 160 at the end of the back straight.... Oh well, learning curve for the next track day.... Which will be when Luke? Haha

Mark, the fella with the Liberty just popped round and showed me some pics, look forward to seeing more. It really is a fantastic day, I don't understand why a course like this isn't compulsory for learner drivers.

Here's a question for ya Nik, you gonna do the HP day in November?

i will definitely be keen for the HP track day....hopefully with more power and a little bit more handling work done to it :laugh:

what brake setup did you run??? the same thing happened to me on similar day like yours mate.....after that i changed pretty much everything......i went with QFM A1RM brake pads, penrite sin 600 brake fluid, HEL braided brake lines with RDA slotted rotors and that setup went awesome throughout the last SAU:SA grip day.....lasted the whole day of full onb thrashing :rolleyes:

yeah i found out the same thing lol....a wicked street setup can only hack 3-5 hot laps in a row before giving up lol.....hence why i went with something that can be used on the street and track....