SAU Community

Advanced Driving Course Trackday #2

V35-2005

Mark, the fella with the Liberty just popped round and showed me some pics, look forward to seeing more. It really is a fantastic day, I don't understand why a course like this isn't compulsory for learner drivers.

Here's a question for ya Nik, you gonna do the HP day in November?

Yeah I want to do it. Just have to see about getting time off, should be able to since it's 5 months away. And if we send the form off by I think it was 5th July, the price will be knocked back sooooo....

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High Performance Drive Day = Level 2B course = November 22 (Monday)

mark it in your diary!

it's five months from now, so no one should have the excuse of not being able to book some time off or get their car ready for it.

the official thread will be launched soon and i'll have the enrolment forms ready to go then. this day will fill up fast as plenty of people have done the course before and want to do it again.

unfortunately, unless i have an avalanche of people asking for the Advanced Driving Course from here on, it is unlikely that I will be organising another one in the foreseeable future (ie the next couple of years) unless the demand is there. booking Mallala for a whole day and getting only nine cars out there (from three forums) simply isn't economically viable for us. :P

Unless you're offering another course, I'll have to make do with the defensive driving course at AIR.

there's nothing wrong with the Level 1 defensive driving courses at AIR - I've done one and went straight to a Level 2B high performance course two days later at Mallala.

the Advanced Course sits in between the two (hence Level 2A) and has elements of both types of event. as the guys who attended on Monday will attest, it sets you up nicely for the future High Performance Level 2B course.

I strongly encourage people to do a defensive driving course before doing any sort of trackday (like the SAU trackday or other open trackdays).

yeah i found out the same thing lol....a wicked street setup can only hack 3-5 hot laps in a row before giving up lol.....hence why i went with something that can be used on the street and track....

i must be running a mad snake track setup then.

High Performance Drive Day = Level 2B course = November 22 (Monday)

mark it in your diary!

it's five months from now, so no one should have the excuse of not being able to book some time off or get their car ready for it.

the official thread will be launched soon and i'll have the enrolment forms ready to go then. this day will fill up fast as plenty of people have done the course before and want to do it again.

Put me straight on the list thanks :-)

The skills we learnt at this course just saved my car and an octoganerian's life!

I was just driving along at 100km/h on a long, straight section of road. An oldish (70-80) lady pulled up at a stop sign at the point where the road she was on joined my road (T junction). She looked straight at me then pulled out, then saw me and stopped with the front of her car in the middle of the road.

Whilst she was doing this I had braked hard (no way I would have stopped in time though), then saw that she had stopped, got off the brakes onto the throttle slightly and went around her with very little space to spare. All this happened in about 2 seconds. If I hadn't done this course I'm pretty sure I would have just locked up the brakes and hit her at about 60km/h right in the drivers door. She's lucky to be alive.

Thanks for the training guys!

The skills we learnt at this course just saved my car and an octoganerian's life!

I was just driving along at 100km/h on a long, straight section of road. An oldish (70-80) lady pulled up at a stop sign at the point where the road she was on joined my road (T junction). She looked straight at me then pulled out, then saw me and stopped with the front of her car in the middle of the road.

Whilst she was doing this I had braked hard (no way I would have stopped in time though), then saw that she had stopped, got off the brakes onto the throttle slightly and went around her with very little space to spare. All this happened in about 2 seconds. If I hadn't done this course I'm pretty sure I would have just locked up the brakes and hit her at about 60km/h right in the drivers door. She's lucky to be alive.

Thanks for the training guys!

i hope u gave her a piece of friendly advice - that being get some training or get off the roads...

-D

there's nothing wrong with the Level 1 defensive driving courses at AIR - I've done one and went straight to a Level 2B high performance course two days later at Mallala.

the Advanced Course sits in between the two (hence Level 2A) and has elements of both types of event. as the guys who attended on Monday will attest, it sets you up nicely for the future High Performance Level 2B course.

I strongly encourage people to do a defensive driving course before doing any sort of trackday (like the SAU trackday or other open trackdays).

yeah I reckon I'd be keen for the next event now that I'll have a car worth tracking again

• 2 months later...

Level 2B course = High Performance Drive Day = November 22 (Monday)

I've been offline for a while, but have just spoken with Dean at John Bowe Driving about the next trackday - the next John Bowe Driving High Performance Trackday will now be November 24 (Wednesday).

We now have a separate day (Nov 24) allocated to us instead of the original Nov 22 day. November 22 is still available as a John Bowe trackday course open to the public (all makes of cars), whereas Nov 24 will be an import specific High Performance Course.

We hope that the date change won't affect too many people. As far as Dean is aware, there is only one import driver from the June advanced driving course who has signed up for the Nov 22 day and we presume that he would like to shift to this date with us. Wednesday Nov 24 will be for high performance import cars whereas the Monday high performance course will mainly be for Euro and classic performance cars.

Please mark it in your diary now. It's eleven weeks away, so you should be able to book time off from work and get your car ready for it.

I'll launch the official thread this weekend and i'll have the official enrolment forms available for distribution next week.

This day will fill up fast as plenty of people have done the course before and want to do it again.

Cheers - Kim

[mods please close this thread]