SAU Community

Cheapest Tyre Shop In Melbourne?

DRFT31

I've always been happy with Advance Tyres in Richmond/Burnley. Always great prices, service, they even wash your wheels which is a rarity these days. Every time I go there it's always full of imports.

be careful with skyline & cheap tyres

if it has some mild power i wouldn't be short cutting on tyres

265 18s wont be cheap no matter what you get, please be careful

be careful with skyline & cheap tyres

if it has some mild power i wouldn't be short cutting on tyres

265 18s wont be cheap no matter what you get, please be careful

265's are very expensive i found out. :P

My price range would be about $200 a Tyre.

Ive got some quotes but looks like i can only get Sumitomo's or Nankang's. What would be the better option? I know there not the best but its all i can afford atm.

Go to the Tyrepower at Hawthorn. They take care of tyres for track cars from Chasers and they give a decent price.

Micky is the person to look for. Ask him what he can recommend you for your budget. As what Paul said, you should be careful about what you choose for your tyres. They are the most important link between your car and the road. I wouldn't be stingy over tyres.

Suggest you budget more than $200 a corner if possible for your 265s.

Ye if you want 265s in 18's - your going to have to go above $200 IMO for a decent tyre. :P

Or drop back to a 245 and put the money saved towards a better tyre which would likely perform better than the cheaper 265!

I've always been happy with Advance Tyres in Richmond/Burnley. Always great prices, service, they even wash your wheels which is a rarity these days. Every time I go there it's always full of imports.

Yer Ricky is a champ! Real nice guy to deal with.

Im after some 265/35/18 road tyres and some tyres for the misses swift. Nothing too special. :P

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Federal-Tyre-595-SS...=item335b3d600c

This is about as cheap as you'll get in a decent tyre IMO. But I recommend going the 235's as they are only $167 a corner. Or 265's on the back and 235's up front.

Yer Ricky is a champ! Real nice guy to deal with.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Federal-Tyre-595-SS...=item335b3d600c

This is about as cheap as you'll get in a decent tyre IMO. But I recommend going the 235's as they are only $167 a corner. Or 265's on the back and 235's up front.

My fronts are fine just the rear 265s that need replacing as i bought them previously 2nd hand. So i only need 2 x 265's. Dont really want to go smaller as the 265 look aggressive with my works on the rear. I would go 275, but i would then need to roll my guards.

What would be the best tyre for under $300 each in a 265 18? Anyone purchased any lately?

You could also try http://www.option1garage.com.au/NewTyres.htm KU36's are just out of your price range if you wanted something that's pretty good, maybe KU31? Or the Federal 595 SS if its still on special, they were very cheap 1-2 weeks ago.

EDIT: it was 40% or so off a week or two ago but the current prices on 595 SS are cheap 265/35/18 $201.00 .... just out of your price range. It cost about $80 to get the tyres via courier from Queensland to Melb (I think)

I got 255/40/17 in Federal 595RSR's, a high end (non R compound) motor sport tyre, excellent dry weather, not good for wet weather. And I got it for under $300 each including postage recently, check with Option1 if the special is still on, the special was all Federal tyres and 595SS was a lot cheaper than the RSR.

go to tyrepower hawthorne and ask for mickey, and tell him hamish from SAU sent ya... he'll sort you out

you'll probably manage to get some ku36's

also

access auto's in vermont sell federal tyres with an SAU discount... they are pretty good on the prices for 595ss 's

Yeah this place is DAMN cheap, some of the best in Melbourne.