SAU Community

How U Drive In The Rain

08yannch

Snow button, where the heck is it? (r34 auto)

Also do you think traction control kicks in to save you when being foolish?

i have a R33 auto so i cant comment about the 34's

but 4 me its in the center consul between the shifter and the storage area. its good because along with 2nd gear take off it also keeps the trans from going into power mode on its own witch can be a bit of a pain eg why are u shifting at 4000-5000rpm oh u when in to power mode grrrr.

touch wood i have not lost traction since starting this thread so the extra psi and driving like a granny must b helping

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the way i look at it , still alot safer in a skyline with RWD or any car with RWD for that matter, than any FWD car, lol , but yer im new to the whole boost and rwd in the wet , and still learning how to drive safely in the wet , but all im doing and same advice as said before, just slowing down abit sooner, leaving more braking distance between you and other cars, and taking off abit slower, seems to be working pretty well at the moment :laugh:

The auto VN-VS commo drivers around here are a another matter though

f**k mate by the sounds of it i'd be more worried about the skyline drivers

even my p-plater girlfriend can drive my V8 in the wet no worries..

My stag has a Snow Mode button AND a 50/50 torque split button, but with the laggy turbo I have to try real hard to get it loose and even then it's like 0.5secs of OMG IT SPUN before the 4wd just rockets you down the road!

Can't wait for the skyline to be back on the road.. I miss pedalling it in 3rd trying to find some traction in the wet :ermm:

Edited by bubba

lol...no offence but my mum could drive a commonwhore V8 in the wet. Unless they're their angried up they are slugs.

No offense taken Say what you like but considering there are auto r33 and nonners 300 drivers on here whinging about traction makes me wonder..

When I had my 33 it was fine in the wet, had Kuhmo's on. Sure the back end could come around only if your an idiot though, no point doing that on public roads

No offense taken Say what you like but considering there are auto r33 and nonners 300 drivers on here whinging about traction makes me wonder..

Oh, and I would just like to point out that I now drive a manual houseboat. The auto is now in a pickles yard somewhere. My sig lies!

New 'Line yeah !!!!!11ty well?

Skidpan...fail dude. 3 weeks ago lol. Check the members area. Next time there's one on I'll pm you

Yeah mate totally! I'll post some pics on show'n'shine when I take some tomorrow. Bought it from Alistair at Autoworx. Nice bloke :) The reputation is warranted. It's another RB25DET - but it's manual, white, and a few toys under the hood.

I have 225's with michelin tyres all round, havent broke traction since, only when i wanted to. which was once when it first rained (will have to go to one of these wet skidpan thingies). Im really careful when i accelerate in 1st and 2nd gear, and barely let it hit boost. then slowly progress up to 4th or 5th gear. and take it really careful around corners, also try to use as much of the road as i can when cornering, (race inspired.. haha) so it doesnt put too much strain on the little tyres.

+1 for Decent set of tyres.

When i bought my GT-R it had terrible Nankangs on it.

Going from Brisbane to the sunshine coast over here in QLD i put my GT-R in RWD before it started raining and accelerating from 110 - 120ish it tried to send me backwards down the motorway.... in 5th gear.

When in AWD though traction allows you to annhilate anything and everything.

Cheers,

Mitch.

Edited by Nee-san

Sounds like I need new tires lol

I basically granny it everywhere in the wet, anything over about 3000rpm loses traction in 2nd, and I lose traction in 3rd well before 4000rpm in a pretty much stock r33

Scariest moment was when my sister was driving it down a hill in heavy rain, took a good 100 metres to stop from 60kmph because she was braking too hard and spent most of the time sliding down the hill. We came to a stop about 4 metres before the roundabout