SAU Community

R34 Gt Rear Wheel Bearing

ShanO`

Hey all,

Over the last few days I have noticed a massive vibration coming from the rear of the car.

Today I was changing the wheels on my car and noticed a massive amount of (vertical) play when holding the wheel at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock position

I'm assuming that I have a rooted wheel bearing

Does anyone know a part number and a good place to purchase them from?

Cheers

Shane

actually....I think we just came across something cheaper (I have always bought nissan until now......4x= OUCH!)

will try and confirm and post up details

No rear option for bearings other than Nissan.

I just purchased a set of aftermarket rears for a great price of $100 each, only to find out that the listing is incorrect, and is in fact only for the gt-st etc.

Of course I found this out after pulling the old ones apart, so I had no option but to buy genuine nissan ones to replace them, at more than 3x the cost!

Mark

This IS available aftermarket. The GTR one is different. This is the bearing they sent me for the GTR which is slightly too small and lacks the handbrake braked on top.

You should expect to pay $150 or less.

I think the manufacturer is CBC bearing, but I'm not sure. And parts place should be able to look it up for you and order it. You don't need to go through Nissan.

What you will get is the cradle and bearing, so all you need to do is push out the hub centre and press it in to the new bearing. You need a press for this, don't even think about using a club hammer.

Mark.

I replaced one 1 year ago with no external replacements. I tried CBC they sent the wrong one. You need the whole assembled part.

Nissan $500 in. Search for it, i wrote down the number etc.

• 2 weeks later...

These bearings are available from decent bearing suppliers. You will need to take your old bearing in to compare as the listing isn't correct.

They list the R34 GTT as the same bearing as an S13.

I note the bearing in your photo doesn't have the handbrake anchor cast onto the bearing housing. The aftermarket S13 bearings I bought came with the that anchor, but it isn't required as the S13 doesn't have a drum style handbrake.

You may find that you can still use the bearing even though it has the handbrake anchor, worked fine in the S13.

Cost $90 per side.

The only bearing I'm having difficulty sourcing is the R32 GTR, but I'm not giving up.

sorry to hijack the thread,

i've got an r32 gts-t rear end in my s13, if i clutch in and coast/roll along- i have excessive road noise and i think the wheels bearings in the rear have given up.

anyone know how much i should expect to pay for new bearings?

and can i replace them myself?

or

is it a mechanics job?