SAU Community

Ku36 Vs Federal Rsr

IanB

Hi All

I had a quick search and I could not find any threads dedicated to this question.

I am looking at tires for an aprox 400 awhp R32 GTR - I have used and were happy with KU36's in the past, but there is a two week wait on my supplier. I have available to me federal RSR's for aprox $50 a corner more.

Basically my question is, are they worth the extra money?

Car is used for both track and street duties. I am worried the RSR, being a proper semi, as opposed to the KU36's compromise, will go to waste on the street.

If anyone has used both, please let me know.

Regards,

Ian

I havent used either (so this post wont have a lot of value) but have been researching these two for a while. I figure with 400hp you want all the grip you can get. The RSRs are still S spec like KU36s (not R spec aka proper semi), but are stickier so wont last quite as long (treadwear 140 vs 180). I've been tossing up between these two, and am going to go with RSRs. The $200 is what, 3 tanks of fuel? :-)

There are other threads on this....

Hi All

I had a quick search and I could not find any threads dedicated to this question.

I am looking at tires for an aprox 400 awhp R32 GTR - I have used and were happy with KU36's in the past, but there is a two week wait on my supplier. I have available to me federal RSR's for aprox $50 a corner more.

Basically my question is, are they worth the extra money?

Car is used for both track and street duties. I am worried the RSR, being a proper semi, as opposed to the KU36's compromise, will go to waste on the street.

If anyone has used both, please let me know.

Regards,

Ian

I'm in a similar situation except mine doesn't see the track, so the "street" semi slicks are a perfect choice for me.

I'm tossing up between KU36/RT615/595RSR & Neova AD08's. Kumho & Falken are priced similar, with Federals about $200 dearer........ the Yokohama's push you up another $400+ :ermm:

I'd like to try the AD08's but I haven't been able to find any feedback on them & we're starting to talk SERIOUS $$$$. I've used their AVS sports, and they were really good till they got to half worn..... then they went downhill REAL fast. It's a lot of money for a tyre that is only usuable for half it's life.

RSR are worth the extra $50. (o1g had my size on special and got them for the same price as ku36)

i had RS (older RSR), then went to KU36 and now back in RSR.

the KU36 are great for the cheap price, my RS lasted much longer than KU36 and provided better grip over a number of laps.

the KU36 good n cheap, but now the RSR are cheaper. get em.

ive got 36's on my gts-t and i must say i wasnt quite as impressed as i thought id be, i have no abs and locked it up a bit too easy i thought.. Ive had re55's before, not that i was expecting the same. BUt the 36's were cheap which was why i thought id give them a go. If you plan on hitting the track id say go the sticker option even if they wont last so long.