SAU Community

Help Required To Replicate A Cluster Shaft

HKS26T

post-31999-1271757743_thumb.jpgpost-31999-1271757769_thumb.jpg

Admin - please move to appropriate section if causing disruption but need some quick answers :)

Hi Guys,

i am no expert when it comes to this and i have no idea what i am even saying :)

i am purely replicating what a reputable gearbox place in sydney has told me. Apparently the cluster shaft has sheared off the end and it needs replacing as per pics.

I have contacted Auto gallery Japan with great frustration because of my lack of japanese and resources i have available. But they do not have this part available off the shelf and would need to make it up and can not give me a esitmated timeframe as to when it could be made by. Hence my question of getting this made locally. A engineer that the gearbox place uses was approached and got back to me with a quote in excess of $2000. I personally found this to be a bit rich and would like some opinions to this or advice as to some possible engineers i can deal with.

Just a debrief - car makes 340awkw and shifted nice with this box from 1st to 4th. However coming down the straight going into fifth at EC would always crunch. Got gearbox fully serviced and replaced 5th gear syncro. Upon shifting into 5th for the first time - it was like half a crunch. On lap 6 - 7Krpm and a slighty quicker shift saw the end of 5th gear and reverse.

All input would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.ag-y.com/690mission.htm

Cheers

Steve

And I'm tempted to say put a standard box in it at that power level.

Agreed - most of the quick tracked vic GTR's with that sort of power level (and more!) use the std box.

Good luck with the hunt!

You could also try PAR

http://www.par-engineering.com/

Have not heard much good things about them - but will speak to them

Also i am currently running a standard box with no problems whatsoever, but having the luxury of the closer gear ratio and piece of mind that from 1st-4th gear i could throw it in. Its definately something i would like to get back into the car. From the reviews i hear and have looked at the Japs rate this box highly :(

Cheers

Steve

Ok, I know nothing about this box you have, so can't offer any more info for you sorry (pretty sure I met you at Eastern Creek a couple of wednesdays ago?).

I do know someone who's just removed a perfectly working and quite fresh PPG dog box if you change your mind.

Ok, I know nothing about this box you have, so can't offer any more info for you sorry (pretty sure I met you at Eastern Creek a couple of wednesdays ago?).

I do know someone who's just removed a perfectly working and quite fresh PPG dog box if you change your mind.

Hey there,

are you the owner of the Envy imports 34? or the one behind it? from memory - either or, both sweet rides :D

is the PPG box helical or straight cut? if you could pm me the asking price this would be great!

Cheers

Steve

• 3 years later...

attachicon.gif001.JPGattachicon.gif002.JPG

Admin - please move to appropriate section if causing disruption but need some quick answers :cheers:

Hi Guys,

i am no expert when it comes to this and i have no idea what i am even saying tongue.gif

i am purely replicating what a reputable gearbox place in sydney has told me. Apparently the cluster shaft has sheared off the end and it needs replacing as per pics.

I have contacted Auto gallery Japan with great frustration because of my lack of japanese and resources i have available. But they do not have this part available off the shelf and would need to make it up and can not give me a esitmated timeframe as to when it could be made by. Hence my question of getting this made locally. A engineer that the gearbox place uses was approached and got back to me with a quote in excess of $2000. I personally found this to be a bit rich and would like some opinions to this or advice as to some possible engineers i can deal with.

Just a debrief - car makes 340awkw and shifted nice with this box from 1st to 4th. However coming down the straight going into fifth at EC would always crunch. Got gearbox fully serviced and replaced 5th gear syncro. Upon shifting into 5th for the first time - it was like half a crunch. On lap 6 - 7Krpm and a slighty quicker shift saw the end of 5th gear and reverse.

All input would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.ag-y.com/690mission.htm

Cheers

Steve

Mate , just wanted to know if you ever got the auto gallery 690 box fixed ..Was looking into options other than just the OS or PPG option.