SAU Community

Nm35 Died Mid Flight

garetb16

AFM is stuffed would be my bet.

Happened to my mates M35. Run as rich as hell, idled poorly (obviously) and couldn't push it pas about 2200rpm.

I may have a second hand AFM lying around.... or you could just get an Xtrail's AFM from Nissan and plug it straight in (my mate has a 350z AFM which works fine)

I will borrow your spare if thats ok and swap it to see if it makes a difference.

i might pick it up over the weekend if thats cool??

let me know dude, cheers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If its not making boost and stalling most likely a loose intercooler hose which is an easy fix. You just gotta find where the leak is coming from. If you have an aftermarket BOV i would check that first.

intercooler pipe has likely blown off, lol at the internet mechanics

Lol at internet comment repeaters. Good thing he wasn't waiting for your sage advice. A day late and a dollar short. Well done friend.

Lol at internet comment repeaters. Good thing he wasn't waiting for your sage advice. A day late and a dollar short. Well done friend.

what,you think i get my knowledge from these forums and the internet? has the guy resolved the problem?have you got a better call cockmaster? dont call me friend either

Settle down please. Insulting other peoples suggestions, while repeating someone elses is hardly a pioneering strategy, nor will it win you many friends. I actually weighed in on this issue several days ago if you cared to look before insulting someone you've never met. But hey, you're the only person on this forum with a valid opinion.

My rule of thumb is; if you wouldn't say it to someones face, don't say it on a forum. I can assure you, you wouldn't be having that conversation with me. Your sig is right; you're as subtle as a brick to the face, and about as welcome.

aerofocker and Daleo you can both settle down, if you want internet arguments Forced Induction Performance is over that way somewhere ---->. Stagea section is for grown ups.

Anyway, I tried twice and wasn't going to post again in here...but I'll try again for luck. aerofocker, although not polite is almost certainly on the money.

Have you actually checked for an intercooler pipe problem?

It is 10x more likely than an afm/fuel pump/fpr/earth or whatever other suggestions have been made. The pipe will most likely be on but not tight (eg loose clamp, or maybe a large split). It is only opening badly under boost. It idles better or worse some times depending on how well the pipe is sealing without any clamping force on it.

Yes it is harder to check than changing an AFM but I generally try and work on the most likely cause instead of the 1% long shot.

Thanks for the help guys, I have had a good check of the piping and cooler, I believe the car is in limp mode so it's not letting me get to boost rather than it not being there, I'm swapping the afm today and will let you know how I go. Cheers

maybe get a smoke test done of the intake failing the AFM change.

see if you can get it on a consult, even nissans one should work. it will cost you tho :blink:

well i had a similar episode in my 'line...

i was boosting out of a roundabout one night and suddenly lost all power, she coughed, and then died! I had heaps of fuel, was cranking fine, just wouldn't start. managed to get it to run rough and limp it home, found out next morning my shitty pod filter end cap had sucked right the f**k off the filter, and up against the AFM wire, so that it couldn't register any air flow, and three fifths of f**k all air could actually get past anyway. i simply removed the offending filter cap, replaced with a k&n and bingo!

i dont know if you have a pod or not, but hey thats my two cents, and what happened to me. i guess the simptoms of what happened to me and blown piping are the same because the problem is the AFM not getting a signal.

cheers, Rowdy.

im here to solve the dilemma guys

i swapped AFM's this morning with Cam and worked a treat.

resetted the ECU and all good.

thanks for all the help. would have been in the dark without Scotty and Cam.

No problemo Garett.

Happy to help and glad it is back on the road :D

Nice to have some "internet mechanics" that know what's going on, aye? :blink:

Edited by iamhe77

Nice to have some "internet mechanics" that know what is going on, aye? :blink:

smart arse.....yes you are...LOL

I will defend my call of intercooler leak as at that point we had not been told about the engine light coming on.

Once that was in the mix, had to be an electronic fault....

:D

No need to defend yourself andy, it was a good call. :blink:

I have asked Garett to bring the sensor around to have a look. It's probably a dry joint on the cct board and I want to see if it is repairable so we dont need to replace them when they fail.

I have asked Garett to bring the sensor around to have a look. It's probably a dry joint on the cct board and I want to see if it is repairable so we dont need to replace them when they fail.

it was just a shot back at Cam....LOL

ill come past next weekend Scott if thats cool with you.?

intercooler pipe has likely blown off, lol at the internet mechanics

Really!!!

AFM wasn't it! lol....work at a dealer servicing car's aye!...only asking because your diagnosis was about as accurate as there's would have been!

P.S. Most of us know our car's fairly well....you got some kind of in site into VQ25DET's that we don't know and you can share. Before you slag off the so called internet mechanic's maybe you should at least work at getting you diagnosis correct first!....and remember that some of us have quite a high level of first hand knowledge!....remember this isn't REXNET!

Edited by Jetwreck