syfon

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have always liked the R33's, and i love that rounded fat rear end :(

I'll end up buying an R33 GTR V-Spec as I'd rather keep it relatively in my budget, and I don't want to have any finance owing.

From what I have heard, this midnight purple 33 GTR V-Spec is in immaculate condition inside + out, just waiting to see & drive it on Saturday/Sunday :huh:

There are 2 dealers here Brisbane thats got them in midnight purple.

Imperial Auto (where I get mine from)

http://imperialauto.com.au/

http://imperialauto.com.au/modules/content...id=90&type=

**with defi(s) and its a series 3!!

Motorman (very well recommended by a lot of people)

http://www.motorman.com.au/search.php

http://ucn.dealernet.com.au/detail.php?ses...p;ucnid=3904795

**with Ohlins... pretty tasty piece of coilovers.

Oh damn that black Series 3 is so hot. As too is the midnight purple one!

This is making me change my mind to import one from the Eastern states.

The engine bay in that midnight purple S3 GTR looks bloody clean!

Hey Brandon, want to check out the black S3 GTR for me this weekend :cool:

Already did with another friend of mine. Looks good with just normal wearing on wheel and the lights a bit yellowish (pretty normal and I think theres a fix to this on the forum). I'm pretty sure you can get it down to 25 or 26k easily if you wanna fly over and truck it back if you cant find anything in WA. Good weekend break too. I'm sure you'll end up with 1 or the other unless you want something with more work done.

Which one would you say is in better condition?

I emailed both the dealers and asked them email me some high-res photos of both cars inside+out, engine bay and under the car.

I need to sell my farking car asap.

Havent seen the one from Motorman but I would take the 1 from Imperial due to it being a series 3.

The good thing about the one from Motorman is the Ohlins... but I dont like the gear trim...

I would probably go the black one though, has a few more goodies and the rims look hot.

He doesn't like those rims :(

nah seriously that black series 3 is niiiice

The dealer selling the black Series 3 emailed me more photos of the car today in sunlight. Wow it is noice!

I'm thinking about going over there, checking it out and trucking it back!

The dealer selling the black Series 3 emailed me more photos of the car today in sunlight. Wow it is noice!

awesome, it looks great with the projector xenons, I need to find some somewhere

theres really not much difference between series 1,2 and 3. If you want bang for buck better off with a series 1.

The main difference (visually) is the projectors which is worth a fair bit. I believe the series 3 got better synchro and maybe some other upgrades too comparing to the earlier series.

Cool man. Let me know if you're coming. I might come along if I'm on my RDO from the mines. Brent's a nice guy.

Will let you know, prob be in a week/two.

Cheers mate, will really appreciate it!

Off to the Queens now to sink some pints :(

Will let you know, prob be in a week/two.

Cheers mate, will really appreciate it!

Off to the Queens now to sink some pints :)

Cool. 2 weeks is good since I'll be flying back on the 13th for the weekend. PM if you need a hand with organizing inpection too. Dan from ERD (SAU Qld Sponsor too) can do it for you. He just checked a NUR for 1 of my mate and found oil issue. Lucky he noticed the pressure when checking because my friend told me the car ran well. But when Dan checked, the oil had high content of sulphur and copper.

Had a look at this R33 GTR this evening.

The car seems to be in immaculate condition and has been garaged all it's life. Easiest way to tell, all the rubbers around the front + rear windscreens are in tact, the paint is absolutely perfect and that midnight purple colour is a dream. The engine bay looks completely standard and untouched. Unfortunately i couldn't drive it as the owner has just returned from a 5week holiday in europe with his wife, so I will return sometime during the week to check it out and drive it.

I told the owner that if I sell my car I will most probably give him a fairly large deposit ($3-$5K) as I don't want to bring home a GTR till uni finishes in another 4-5 weeks. The owner said he is happy to hold the car for me as long as a i pay a deposit.

So, will return soon to drive it and check it out under the sun, but so far all looks good. The owner is 55years old and he brought it from an older owner in South Australia a few years back.

Gotta get my assignments done now, no sleep tonight =\

Coincidentally, I was 55 when I sold my M-P R33 GT-R as well.

Likewise, the centre bearing went on the tailshaft > I replaced the whole shaft.

This one looks pretty good potentially, prior to your scrutiny. :P