SAU Community

My Car Jerks On Take Off After Willall Tf And Df

Not running a business on here in public would make me happy. If you want to offer customers a service at least do it in private via pm. Or just pay the small fee to become a trader and support the forum instead of exploiting it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had the 3 grab take offs, however only when the car is very cold. It completely disappears after about 1 minute of driving. I put this down to the car being cold.

In normal driving in everything from peak hour through to track work I have not had issues. With 22k on the clock (14k of those with the willal fluids) I must say that I am not seeing the same degree of issues that the other posters are.

I will say that the instances when the car pauses between 2nd and first gear when coming to an almost complete stop (Like when entering a round about) have dramatically decreased compared to the factory oil.

I have had the 3 grab take offs, however only when the car is very cold. It completely disappears after about 1 minute of driving. I put this down to the car being cold.

In normal driving in everything from peak hour through to track work I have not had issues. With 22k on the clock (14k of those with the willal fluids) I must say that I am not seeing the same degree of issues that the other posters are.

I will say that the instances when the car pauses between 2nd and first gear when coming to an almost complete stop (Like when entering a round about) have dramatically decreased compared to the factory oil.

Ditto, i have only seen the low speed chugging when very cold (less than 20*c) using willall fluid; and disappears completely within a minute or two of driving. So for it to be so bad it makes the car undirvable has me stumped. Funny how some of the guys on the USA forums complain of chugging (in cold weather) even on the factory fluid. Seems like a car to car thing?

With 22k on the clock

Ive done 24K now and have found that a lot of the drivetrain shunting, grabbing and binding as reported when the cars were new has gone. All that remains is slightly noisy 1st and 2nd gears compared with other cars and I suspect a lot of that has to do with minimal sound deadening material rather than an inherently noisy trans. I've always found that transmissions have the most pronounced "running in" improvement in all my new cars and this one is no exception.

are the tuners group a trader on here, as they have spent alot of time on their new wing with pics etc in another thread? Not trying to be argumentative but just tyring to get it straight

the tunersgroup have been full paid up traders supporting the forum for the last 12 months. Their subscription expired this week and they have been reminded they need to renew or cease commercial posts.

GT Ricer, I have experienced exactly the same issue with Willal oil. I have sat in the car with the technician etc, to no avail. I will be going back to the Nissan oil next change if a solution is not forthcoming. The car is not enjoyable to drive like this.

Ha, ha, ha,...now you tell me! You should have posted earlier to let everyone know as soon as you discovered how crap it was on the streets, like I did, both here and on NAGTROC.

Almost eveyone is now coming out of the woodwork to tell their stories. I think most people feel reluctant to admit they just spent a couple of grand on mods

which are less than what they'd expected.

As they say in America, "If you see something, say something"

BTW, I only bought the Willall fluids after I saw all those cans lined up in Stewart's office ready to go into you car! And my car wasn't even due for a new TF or DF.

I think we all deserve what we get if we continue to get sucked in by under-researched and underdeveloped "mods" done by tuners on a shoe-string budget

(relatively speaking, as compared to the budgets of major auto makers' , of course). They focus on one performance aspect, which interests the tuner, but neglect the rest and the overall balance

is never as good as OEM. It's like choosing slick tyres to drive on the streets. Sure they are great, but where can you use them in daily driving?

I don't do enough track days in a season to use up this TF so it will be a total waste draining it out now.

Edited by GT-Ricer

Guys if you cant get any satisfaction from changing TP settings then we would be more than happy to change you over to WR35TML 'light' formulation transmission fluid that more closely mimics the factory clutch behaviour as a 'no cost' option. Either way we can and will make you happy :wub:

That would be excellent, Martin. I was quite happy before with the OEM TF.

Will you pay the workshop to have the TF drained and refilled with WR35TML?

If it still does not work to my satisfaction, will you then do it again and re-fill with OEM TF?

Or can we just get a full refund and forget future experiments?

I am in Sydney, not Adelaide.

Almost eveyone is now coming out of the woodwork to tell their stories.

Most of the stories you are reading in the US are of this instance occurring on stock fluid and stock cars. Dont make this out to be something that its not.

These cars are no refined quiet cruisers, they make noises, clunks, bangs, and can do weird things through the transmission, engine and diffs.

If you want to do this - the swap out - then contact us directly - and we will organise it for you in the next couple of weeks.

If not, then this is my last post in the the thread, go your own way :wub:

Edited by Martin Donnon

Most of the stories you are reading in the US are of this instance occurring on stock fluid and stock cars. Dont make this out to be something that its not.

These cars are no refined quiet cruisers, they make noises, clunks, bangs, and can do weird things through the transmission, engine and diffs.

If you want to do this - the swap out - then contact us directly - and we will organise it for you in the next couple of weeks.

If not, then this is my last post in the the thread, go your own way :P

Yes I would like it swapped and I will contact you directly this week, thank you.

BTW, my post on NAGTROC attracted so far 1406 views, 41 posts, including 5 OEM and 7 Willall jerky starts, so I am not making it all up.

First you advised me to induce more creep ie + TP and then reversed it to less creep ie -2TP and it has not worked.

This is clearly not the strongest point of your TF and you have no warning on your web site or product that it might/will happen.

I am fully aware that this is not a cruiser but it may surprise you that it does not do any of the weird things you've described.

Your TF performs well by all acounts and that's why I bought it, but it just does not give a smooth enough drive on the streets,

so if you have a different grade Oil that will offer the same protection but no jerky starts, great.

You cannot blame me, though, for wanting to hear other owners' experiences and this is a public forum just for that.

BTW, my post on NAGTROC attracted so far 1406 views, 41 posts, including 5 OEM and 7 Willall jerky starts, so I am not making it all up.

As you can see from those demographics its pretty much a balanced issue between stock fluid/modifed fluid cars, and a function of how Nissan set the transmission for their expectation of an average enthusiast driver. I am extremely surprised that changing the comfort settings with the dealer did nothing to alleviate your issue. I spent some time with the Consult III yesterday and can tailor the takeoff to be smooth and slippery like a slipping single plate through to abrupt like an OS quad.....all in the matter of a couple of seconds. TP A and B especially (1,3,5) are your culprits :P

You want 'off brake' creep with the TP settings, as this takes up the lash in the clutch plates, its this free rev and lash as you put your foot down that causes the aprupt engagement, which can then cause the driver to lift off and start to disengage and so on. WR35TM only ensures that when this happens and the plates start to pick up quickly, they will indeed 'drive' and push the car which could lead to accentuating the take up. This is why the majority of cars using this fluid have no problem, its all down to the tolerance and adjustment of the clutches. There has never been a reported instance of this with a JDM car, its only a handful of USDM and ADM cars where the clutch settings have been deliberately softened for an export market :down:

Edited by Martin Donnon

i have flushed and fitted the willal oil to both tran's and diff's without an issue...

note : you MUST shake the bottle up to get all the fluid mixed up properly prior to filling the car up..

was this done in your case gtricer?

i have flushed and fitted the willal oil to both tran's and diff's without an issue...

note : you MUST shake the bottle up to get all the fluid mixed up properly prior to filling the car up..

was this done in your case gtricer?

You are kidding, right? It's not chocolate milk, you know! By now the chocolate would have got churned thoroughly

inside the tranny, don't you think? My car jerks so bad now that I am too scared to drive it in the traffic... and I am a brave man!

Edited by GT-Ricer

You are kidding, right? It's not chocolate milk, you know!

If you read the instructions printed on the tins its there - plain to see - with a big red 'WARNING'. You dont mix the fluid thoroughly before installation, most of the Solid Boundary additive will remain on the bottom of the container and the result will be less than optimum, and the gearbox wont mix it if its not in the transmission to start with :D

I need to speak to your technician about this - so who filled your transmission and differentials with our product? As you can see its quite important that we know. They need to be contacted, and they will be the moment you provide the information :)

Edited by Martin Donnon

You are kidding, right? It's not chocolate milk, you know! By now the chocolate would have got churned thoroughly

inside the tranny, don't you think? My car jerks so bad now that I am too scared to drive it in the traffic... and I am a brave man!

no im not kidding, as martin has pointed out it is a MUST DO procedure, there is a great deal of solid matter in the bottom of the oil's..

so quick to blame the product, how about the installer who potentialy hasn't even taken the time to read the instruction's!!

If you read the instructions printed on the tins its there - plain to see - with a big red 'WARNING'. You dont mix the fluid thoroughly before installation, most of the Solid Boundary additive will remain on the bottom of the container and the result will be less than optimum, and the gearbox wont mix it if its not in the transmission to start with :P

I need to speak to your technician about this - so who filled your transmission and differentials with our product? As you can see its quite important that we know. They need to be contacted, and they will be the moment you provide the information :laugh:

Are you certain you put "WARNING" on all your Transmission Fluid cans?

Here are two cans we used recently. There is only one label on both of them, no warnings what so ever, as is plain to see, so I am a little confused.

The cans were emptied, without a thick lump of precious solid left at the bottom, so let's not clutch at straws, shall we? Clutch, hm....that's seems to be the operative word.

post-62393-1274188881_thumb.jpgpost-62393-1274188950_thumb.jpg

no im not kidding, as martin has pointed out it is a MUST DO procedure, there is a great deal of solid matter in the bottom of the oil's..

so quick to blame the product, how about the installer who potentialy hasn't even taken the time to read the instruction's!!

WHAT WARNINGS? What am I missing here, is there some outer wrap on these cans that the dealer has removed?

WHAT WARNINGS? What am I missing here, is there some outer wrap on these cans that the dealer has removed?

These stickers are present on all Solid Boundary products, these include WR35TMVS and WR35DF

solidboundary.jpg

We need to speak to your tech who performed the work, if you dont want to post it here for one reason or another then please PM me with the information and we can move ahead on this :P

Edited by Martin Donnon

These stickers are present on all Solid Boundary products, these include WR35TMVS and WR35DF

solidboundary.jpg

We need to speak to your tech who performed the work, if you dont want to post it here for one reason or another then please PM me with the information and we can move ahead on this :)

WR35TMVS has a label... this is truly fascinating but what does it have to do with the WR35TM jerking my car around? :)