SAU Community

Fuel Cut! Effective?

How effective is cutting fuel to a theif!

Im in the process of making a REMOTE fuel line on/off solinoid only changed via remote only .If power was cut to the car it would revert to its normal position *off*(so everytime u leave ur car it will cut the line*)

How hard would it be to steal my car when i get it done?

got a tilt tray :P

or they'll strip it for parts where it sits , or if you wire it wrong the fire could be interesting to watch.

or when the fuel cuts off on massive boost seizing the motor ...caused by lousy wiring connection while a truck hurls towards you in the passing lane head on ????? leave it to someone who knows how to do it. for your own safety..lol

lol, tilt tray

just get jb or whoever to install a 2 or 3 point immobiliser. that makes the car as hard to steal as possible, even cars with big shiny alarms still have breakable windows.

the alarms must automatically turn off after 30seconds (90 outside nsw) anyways so all anyone has to do is throw a rock, hide for 30s to see if anyone comes and then take your umbrella (or whatever they can get their hands on).

from what i've heard it takes a long, long time to start 3 point immobilised car, they may as well wait to mug you when you go for a drive

tilt tray? lol so i take it would be effective and piss them off? :) i have (had)a while back a 3 point mate and it was stolen and about the wiring im a sparky :)

Edited by 1993Gts-T

tilt tray? lol so i take it would be effective and piss them off? :) i have a 3 point mate and it was stolen and about the wiring im a sparky :)

wow, they were keen! lol. if they can get round the three point can't they get round a fuel solenoid? isn't the fuel pump one of the three points?

lol, tilt tray

just get jb or whoever to install a 2 or 3 point immobiliser. that makes the car as hard to steal as possible, even cars with big shiny alarms still have breakable windows.

the alarms must automatically turn off after 30seconds (90 outside nsw) anyways so all anyone has to do is throw a rock, hide for 30s to see if anyone comes and then take your umbrella (or whatever they can get their hands on).

I have personally bupassed several of these installs within a minute of getting in the car. siren screaming away and the car is running.

do agree with the rock comment. seen that in action and the owner simply turns the alarm off. doesnt work with those alarms that have anti falsing built into them though.

from what i've heard it takes a long, long time to start a PROPERLY INSTALLED 3 point immobilised car, they may as well wait to mug you when you go for a drive

corrected for accuracy.

tilt tray? lol so i take it would be effective and piss them off? :( i have (had)a while back a 3 point mate and it was stolen and about the wiring im a sparky :)

to be honest if I want your car I'll break into your house find the keys and drive off.. no amount of wiring things stops that if I have the remote. now if the alarm has a hidden switch that works in conjunction with the remote then its probably going to slow me down a bit. (autowatch do this.) now if I dont really care I'll key the crap out of it and trash the thing as a I can't get it so you are going to have it payback.

key point here. insurance. if someone wants your car bad enough it will disappear. all an alarm will do is slow them down.

troy,

agreed.

I have personally bupassed several of these installs within a minute of getting in the car. siren screaming away and the car is running.

do agree with the rock comment. seen that in action and the owner simply turns the alarm off. doesnt work with those alarms that have anti falsing built into them though.

how can you determine if it has been properly installed?

Chris by under the dash you mean any part of the dash? Or just drivers side, steering column and fuse box area?

Am always interested to learn more, but if you don't feel like sharing your secrets, maybe a PM would suffice :)

there is a slap happy slightly correct way to install, 90% of the shops do those. for a quick buck !! who looks under the dash ? who would know what there looking at ??? those shops are all too common

and don't let a mate install it, unless there a pro !!!

and then there is the well thought out, very very hidden, Soldered wires, taped to be nearly impossible to find or remove

triple redundancy circuits

you name it

sensors on everything!!! finely tuned to stop false alarms, effective customer knowledge of use, installers who spend the time to do it right and will back up what they install 100% for life of ownership( except failure of unit, a few have lifetime warranty even on the unit if pro installed)

the best alarm is only as good as the customer's common sense. leave a ipod on the seat, bang kiss it goodbye, smash and dash

I had a shite box 100 dollar car broken into for 4 bucks of shrappnel in the drink holder. mind you they sliced there arm extremely bad judging from the blood trail. so nothing is sacred in oz. worse then America by far!!!!