SAU Community

Recommendations for custom pipework

Steve

Hi all,

I want to replace my intercooler to plenum pipe, its a bit too thin and I think is causing problems, but either way, it definately wont hurt going to larger pipe, ie 3 inch.

So far I have been to a couple of places and been quoted 450 and 515 dollars, which is a bit more than I would like to spend if possible.

Can anyone recommend a place that does custom pipework, and is reasonably priced (hippy, you must have sused this out by now:D). I feel the quotes I have had so far a bit expensive - may be that I am just suffering from tight arse disease though:p

Cheers

Steve

thanks enrico, I am seeing clint tomorrow, I shall check it out.

Bl4cK32 - shall do

PSI-VL, their work is first class, and I have checked them out. You do get what you pay for, but by the same token, most workshops these days charge around $60-$70 per hour - thats more than a doctor:) and really, its just a pipe:p

thanks enrico, I am seeing clint tomorrow, I shall check it out.

Bl4cK32 - shall do

PSI-VL, their work is first class, and I have checked them out.  You do get what you pay for, but by the same token, most workshops these days charge around $60-$70 per hour - thats more than a doctor:) and really, its just a pipe:p

Spot on there, STEVE.

$60-$70 per hr is steep i know, wish i was on that per hr!!

What area you from STEVE?

I'll get the name off a mate, who knows a guy out my way that does all fabrication work.Does excellent work and charges $30 per hour.He owns a yellow/gold TE or TG Gemini with a 350 in it, you might of seen it cruisin anzac a few times?

If interested, let me know.

Nightcrawler, thanks, they are similar priced - and I am in tightarse mode since it is redoing something that has already been done. Evan (PSI Fabrication) said a while back he could redo the pipework for me for around $150-200 (as I have spend $$$$ with him) - but he has fallen off the face of the planet!

PSI-VL, I live near tilbrooks(hampstead gardens), about 10 minute walk Yes please to your mates, mates name:) that would be great. 350 in a TE/TG? holy fark! Does that live queenstown way? Think I saw a TG down that way with a candy yellow paint job, looked very nice (for a gemi:p)

Nightcrawler, thanks, they are similar priced - and I am in tightarse mode since it is redoing something that has already been done.  Evan (PSI Fabrication) said a while back he could redo the pipework for me for around $150-200 (as I have spend $$$$ with him) - but he has fallen off the face of the planet!

PSI-VL, I live near tilbrooks(hampstead gardens), about 10 minute walk  Yes please to your mates, mates name:) that would be great.  350 in a TE/TG? holy fark!  Does that live queenstown way? Think I saw a TG down that way with a candy yellow paint job, looked very nice (for a gemi:p)

Yep, he's in Queenstown.Yep,a 350 in a gemi goes very well, mid to high 10's from memory!!

Chasing the number for you, will post asap.Will post it up here by lunch time

(fri -16th).Had trouble getting thru to his mobile today.

You'll be impressed with the work he does.At half the price of anywhere else.

Talk soon,

PSI-VL

still looking for psi fabrications, i work in edwardstown, his

still around here been looking for him ask turbo tune they know exactly where

his moved to last i heard he was behind the firestation over daws rd

but i couldn't find when i was flexing in the back streets

• 2 weeks later...