SAU Community

R32 Gts-4

ye.808

Hi guys,

Just want to know how to check if your 4wd is working? My 4wd light is on and the fuse is in aswell. What could be the problem if my 4wd isnt kicking in.

Thanks

ive got the same problem in my 33 gts4. The AWD Light Is On And when the AWD comes in the SLIP light dose not flash on. It is still working tho.

Ive had is checked out by two different mechanics and an auto electrician and they cant find the problem, I had it hooked up to a Nissan diag test and it came up with an ABS problem, Got a new unit and Still the same issue.

Have you got the same size tyres and rims front and rear? Having different rolling circumfrances will cause this problem as the computer reads the front wheel travelling faster than the rears or vice versa

Edited by R32GTS4NZ

Have you got the same size tyres and rims front and rear? Having different rolling circumfrances will cause this problem as the computer reads the front wheel travelling faster than the rears or vice versa

This... different wheel circumfrence is bad enough for a regular diff, and for AWD... my parents dropped about $5k worth on diff repair/replacement in their Volvo XC70 before it was discovered that a tyre shop (that shall remain nameless) put the wrong diameter tyre on... fairly subtle difference too apparently. Aforementioned tyre shop ended up reimbursing them for diff repair/replacement, towing fees etc.

So I wouldn't at all surprised if it would also cause ATTESA to chuck a spaz.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/St...amp;pid=4643006 - suggests that a 2% difference in rolling diameter is acceptable, maybe check your tyre/rim sizes?

If it's not that, I have NFI coz I don't really know much about ATTESA :P (jack in fact)

Hi guys,

Just want to know how to check if your 4wd is working? My 4wd light is on and the fuse is in aswell. What could be the problem if my 4wd isnt kicking in.

Thanks

If the 4wd light is on, there is a fault. So obviously it isn't going to work.

Check the fault code.

The light isn't on to tell you it is working... there is a fault. Wether you in particular have some weird-o issue that no matter the amount of auto tech's can't find is not the question, in the op's case that is what he needs to do first.

if you want to see if its working, drop the clutch on some grass and see if the front tyres spun as well. either the grass will be flat, beaten and ripped a bit, or it'll be dug up. or do the same on some dirt or something. but if the car flys off into the distance instead of just sitting there burning out its probably working...