SAU Community

Performance Filter

nightfighter_r33

i have 3a racing pod and there the best so if you getting a pod get a 3a, if you want performance stick to a stock box and arc filter

Factory airbox + good panel filter.

Best performance money can buy - infact it's cheaper than a pod setup 9 times outta 10

Hate to ask a really obvious question here (yes, I searched).

How far can stock airbox + awesome panel filter actually go? Numbers suggested seem to be around the 250rwkw mark - Can they go further? Is there a general accepted value?

Asking for my own selfish reasons ofc - R34 RB25DET Neo if that makes any difference whatsoever. Would be nice to find out to help decide where to go re:highflow.

LOL BeEnAr we should have been boosting side by side for induction notes on the Princes Fwy inbound :)

yeah it would have been good but I had stock airbox and K&N in for GOR. Oh and just for sh1ts and giggles, since i've had the pods on, car no longer blows black carbon smoke out the back and it also feels more responsive in the right foot department. Might need to get it on the dyno and see if it's making more power.

I had no problem with the airbox except that the top crease in it was rubbing on the bonnet and has worn into it. That and I wanted sucky noises from my engine back. I like sucky noises...

according to that magazine sponsored by 3a racing....

its just like the motul oil gives beter performance to your engine and in the vid it clearly shows the fan being moved for different oils

If a company makes a good product what better advertisement than to prove how much better it is?

Its up to the companies ethics to skew the results but airpods being so cheap I dont see why the other companies dont challenge the results if they are so biased/inaccurate

All airpod companies would be testing their competitors' in their R&D department and they wouldnt be hiding the results if it was looking good for them.

Its how business works.

Here is the test results

http://www.3aracing.com.au/HTML%20Folder/I...Shoot%20Out.pdf

I use the stock snokle with a Apexi power flow and heat shield

I couldn't tell if it was better or worse but I can tell you I gain'd a few extra horses over stock at the dyno

So for me at least I was a happy bunny and will stick with this set up