SAU Community

Japan Trip

GreenGhost

Im going to japan on the 28 September for 3 weeks for the moto gp and f1

any one going to japan at that time

does any one know of anything good on at that time eg d1 or festivals

please advise of any good place to visit while iam there

That time of the year is an awesome time of the year for festivals mate.

Depends where you are planning to go and what type of things you are interested in seeing as to where people will recommend.

im going to the moto gp in motegi then f1 in suzuka then d1 at fuji speedway they are on weekends so just moving around all over during the week

have rail passes so can go just about any where

• 2 weeks later...

Me n the mrs is heading over early/mid september... got crazy cheap flights with Jetstar. No idea what we are doing or even booked accommodation yet... really needa get onto that.

whats the deal with rail passes seeing you got yours sorted already???

JR rail passes are good but you find you will still need to purchase tickets for some of the other lines in the metro.

Not expensive though.

If you are traveling long distances then the JR pass pays for themselves very quickly. For example: Osaka to Kobe to Tokyo etc

If you go to any decent travel agent they can tell you exactly how much the passes are and which lines they work on.

The first time I went we used the Shinkansen at least 6 times and that isn't cheap if you buy seperate tickets

The private lines are cheap, at least the ones we used were. The longest one we used was to go to Mines from Tokyo and that wasn't too bad from memory. The $80 can fare for the rest of the way wasn't much good though

PS Dave, get out of that wedding already, I'm so pumped for this years trip :P

Working on it mate.

For example:

My first time in Japan i bought a JR pass. This was because i was using the Shinkansen between Osaka and Tokyo and the price each way was way more than the JR pass.

JR passes can be used on any train or line with the JR symbol.

i would buy a jr rail pass if u want to go to hiroshima as the bullet trains are very dear

u can buy a 7 day pass it will be cheaper and u then can use the trains in tokyo u can get on and off as many times as u want

Have you costed up a container yet dude? Would deffs be keen to throw some stuff in if you get one.

Hmmmm thinkin some new Defi gauges would be good ;)