SAU Community

Window Tinting: Group Buy

ontheranch

Hi guys,

Steve has been in contact with Ric at Auto Perfection and negotiated an awesome value for money deal to tint our cars.

We need 10 people to get the best group buy price. Ric is still happy to do Tints if we get less, but obviously more is better.

There is one stipulation and that is we put his sticker on our back window which I'm happy to do. 

Price: $165 +10 cars 35% or 20% all round

Price: $175 -10 cars 35% or 20% all round

Wagon $195

2 front winders $90

Removal of tint (must be in tact) $50

Please register your interest in this thread and i will PM bank details to where you can deposit the money.

This Group Buy will run for 2 weeks from the creation of this thread, after this period your details and payment will go to Ric and you can book in as you please.

This group buy is NOT limited to club members only, however I will not chase up payments. If you don't pay up then you miss out. Pretty simple!  

UPDATE

1.Ontheranch: 20% 

Details of the tint are as follows

SunGard Window Film

* Rejects up to 99% ultraviolet radiation

* Rejects up to 68% solar energy

* Reduces glare and eye fatigue, improving driver safety and comfort

* Increases air conditioner efficiency thereby reducing fuel consumption

* Increases safety and security by improving the shatter-resistance of your windows

* Protects interiors from fading and cracking

* Has a durable scratch resistant coating

* Is guaranteed against colour change and turning purple

* Enhances the overall appearance of your vehicle

Heat rejection percentages and guarantee exclusions vary by film type. Tests are representative of actual production and are subject to normal manufacturing tolerances. 

Work Carried out by http://autoperfection.com.au/

Check out the site's gallery for a look at previous tinting jobs.

If you have any questions please flag them here and I will make contact to provide you with answers. 

Cheers,

Penny

Got the Verada done the other day - very impressed with the job! Now if I can just get my engine built in the GTR to get it down there.......
Got my car back this week couldnt be happier with the result and service

They also do detailing *Hint Hint* groupbuy

Trader rating done. Thanks again Steve!

PS Very happy with the tint even though I winged a bit

Just 3 people happy with the last Group Buy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll sign up for 2 front window winders in 20%

Can transfer the $$ when necessary, but car won't be here until mid June, so will need to book after that. Did Ric give an indication of timeframe?

Hey Penny, I'll sign up for now but I won't be able to transfer the money until 27/05/10, is that going to be a problem?

Hi Norm,

That will be fine. I'll send you a PM.

Cheers

I am interested in getting the 33 tints done......do we get a choice of tints to choose from??? I want to stay legal so 35% for the front and rear windows.......is it legal to get tints done on the rear windshield???

MORE INFO......

Legal:

From Feb 2010, it is legal to have 35% tint on ALL WINDOWS besides the windscreen.

If you want 20%, be aware that it is defectable (rare, but it happens).

About the tint:

The particular tint that Auto Perfection will be using on our cars is the SunGaurd PerformX 'Charcoal' Film.

The deal:

After all the money has been transfered to Auto Perfection, you have 6 Months to book in for your tint.

UPDATE

1.Ontheranch: 35% - PAID

2. Hotwire: 2 front, 20% - Payment pending

3. Normsta:

4. Skylineguy19: 20% Silvia

5. Skylineguy19: 20% Falcon

6. Krishy: 35%

put me down for the falcon, not sure if i wanna risk the 20%, can that be discussed on the day or does he need to know in advance?

He doesnt need to know just yet. Im sure on the day will be fine but ill confirm and get back to you when I chat with him next. :(

ok cool, actually put me down for 2, the silvia will need tint when its done too. Not sure if 20% will be dark enough but i can speak with him about that if i want darker again(limo tint styles :().

CHeers.

Penny put me down for getting the tints done as well please.....getting everything done bar the front windshield :(......pm me bank details please and i am after the legal 35% tint

I'm a bit stunned how many people want defectable / illegal tint :D

My car has 20% factory privacy glass on all windows EXCEPT front drivers. Therefore I'll tint to match the rear, if I get defected its only 2 windows that need to get peeled :blush:

Put me down Penny. Need to get this f**king purple tint off my rear quater windows. Stupid shit.

I'll do 35% - R32 GTR, all windows.

I'll be able to transfer money on 1st June :D

Cheers.

Ok but no later then June 1st. That will be the new cut off date for payment for everybody.

Is the tint you need removed just on the rear quater windows? Im not sure if the $50 removal is standard or if you will get it any cheaper... Ill have to get back to you on that one.

Ill send ya a PM

Cheers,

Penny

Last payments by 1 June 2010

UPDATE

1. Ontheranch: 35% - PAID

2. Hotwire: 2 front, 20% - Payment pending

3. Normsta: Payment expected 27 May

4. Skylineguy19: 20% Silvia

5. Skylineguy19: 20% Falcon

6. Krishy: 35%

7. Cronic: 35% and tint removal- Payment expected 1 June

I would like to join this group discount. So it's $165 for the rear, 2 quarters and the drivers and passenger window right? Thats if we get more than 10 cars which it looks like we will.

1st of all my rear window has little bits of old tint all over it, is that able to be removed easier enough cause I have tried and it's a nightmare! I see at the top of this thread it says Removal of tint (must be in tact) so since my rear window has little bits all over it will that be a problem to remove it?

Secondly my drivers side and passenger window have some marks on it that I can't get off, if I get them tinted I'm hoping they wont be that visible. Looks like dried water marks but wont rub off.

What is the normal price of tinting, how much cheaper is it joining this group buy?

Hmmm... 20% or 35% is the question, do you guys know of many people getting pulled over and defected for the tint, does it happen alot? Would love to get 20% since i'm sure it would look better.

When I was defected for my exhaust being too loud, the cop used a special device to measure the tint on the front and rear windows. Added the rear factory privacy glass to the defect report saying Regency should check it because it measured 18%.

Regency inspector didn't even bother checking it (laughed at the cop when I mentioned it being on the list) because he realised it was built into the glass (which is legal). BUT this does show that if the cop is pulling you over the check the car over, he may very well have the equipment to check your tint, etc.