SAU Community

I'm Going Leather Interior!

hi guys

those that own r34 skylines will understand how easy the seats get dirty/stained (not caused by my driving style lol). When i first got my car i made the mistake of leaving an icy bottle of water on the passenger side and now i have water mark stains from the water condensation off the bottle. even after a clean/shampoo i can still see the stains/shadow and overall they look pretty average. so i've decided to get some leather seat trims for my r34 4 door. i know there are a few guys on here who have leather interior in their cars, i have done a search on here but there arent that many pics. mine are getting made now i'll get some pics up once they r done and installed. im going black with double red stitching.

those with leather interior post your pics please! :P

what mine will look like

Nissan_Skyline_R34_GTST_3.jpg

Nissan_Skyline_R34_GTST_4.jpg

i got the 34 done...

yea, but ur a gimp.

gimps love teh leather.

only kidding, if its what you want go for it. personally i prefer cloth (not being a gimp and all) so id swap out for another pair of 2nd hand seats and sell mine for chips (could buy GTR seats :ninja: )

Just be aware that there's a pattern difference between the 2 and 4-door - make sure you go to someone with the 4-door pattern. The 4-door pattern has special allowance the arm-rest in the middle of the rear seats, the 2-door pattern does not.

There's currently a group-buy going on with a company that has just taken on the 4-door pattern; might be worth taking the opportunity to get in on that.

i got the 34 done...

<-------pics are in the garage

hi Gimps! which company did that for you?

Just be aware that there's a pattern difference between the 2 and 4-door - make sure you go to someone with the 4-door pattern. The 4-door pattern has special allowance the arm-rest in the middle of the rear seats, the 2-door pattern does not.

There's currently a group-buy going on with a company that has just taken on the 4-door pattern; might be worth taking the opportunity to get in on that.

LOL thread starter is the guy who also running the group buy

Yep! i'm organizing the group buy! not for my benefit anyways as i have worked out a deal with Proseat in exchange for my seat pattern hes giving me a small discount. i thought i'd do a group buy for those wanting it at a cheaper price :P

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Pr...ve-t317612.html

Yep! i'm organizing the group buy! not for my benefit anyways as i have worked out a deal with Proseat in exchange for my seat pattern hes giving me a small discount. i thought i'd do a group buy for those wanting it at a cheaper price :P

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Pr...ve-t317612.html

That's not very nice, at least the guy that took my pattern did it for nothing!

That's not very nice, at least the guy that took my pattern did it for nothing!

yeah its not really a new pattern its r34 4 door rear seat with arm rest. apparently the 2dr which doesnt have armrest is interchangeable. so yeah just the armrest thats different

gimps. did yours install over your seats like really tight seat covers? or do you strip the fabric from your seats and replace with the leather?

With my ones it would have been better to leave the original fabric on, I think it would have formed much better that way. The downside was they needed my covers to make the copies form, so they all came off :)

yeah i left the original fabric on.. was kinda tight to get them on.. nothing major..

only thing i didnt like was there was nothing to tied them off with... so i pierced some holes in the join (plenty of overlap material), then fed ribbon through the seat and tied it off..

after slipping seat covers on.. i used cable ties all along the edges to pin them to the seat.. (original was stapled/hooked on) however cable ties where much stronger..

headrest and front seats have velcro on them from memory???

Edited by .:: GimpS-R34 ::.

Hey I got leather seats and these are the pics of mine they are they over the top tight fit ones from ultimate auto trim in dandenong.

man they look awesome

how long have u had them for?

do they show wrinkles and wear creases like leather does?

man they look awesome

how long have u had them for?

do they show wrinkles and wear creases like leather does?

Ive had them for a few months now, dont know about the wrinkles and wear cause hasnt been long and the car has just been sitting there so no one sitting on seats.