SAU Community

How To Pair A Bluetooth Phone In A V36

do you have it in the right way and powered up?

I got lazy and got Alberts to do it ... i would like to think that they know how to wire up something as simple as an FM expander. I'm taking a guess they mainly use second hand ones from other cars that have had their systems upgraded. I'm just worried that the Skyline might need a specific one for some strange reason ...

• 3 months later...

Hi guys..new here..well kind of anyway. Used to post back when i have my V35 (totalled :P ). Anyway..now i'm back with the V36 (never learned my lesson :D )..and since i can't remember my old user ID..had to register a new one..

Anyway, just bought myself a 2008 V36 coupe with Nav, music box, Side & Rear camera, leather seats. Not sure if i have the premium Bose or not (still no clue what model/package that is actually). I manage to work out quite a few of those Japanese menus/buttons (due to previous experience with my V35 :( ) but i could not, for the life of me, get the bluetooth to work!!! :ermm: . I manage to get to the menu where there is "Bluetooth" in the menu but the "Bluetooth On" button is greyed out. There is only 3 selectable buttons there which is the Bluetoth password change (the one where you can enter numbers), Bluetooth info and a button which leads to a lists of Japanese menus.

Is my bluetooth on already? if not, how do i on it? Before anyone ask, i know i have bluetooth as there is the phone & voice commannd button on my steering wheel. HELP ME!!... :ermm:

PS: Oh yeah..i have a Sony Erricson Satio phone.

Edited by WeezzerR_1405

I was playing around and found that through bluetooth the music on my iphone played through the car.

Interesting that on z-club, the 370z owners dont have this option of playing music through bluetooth?

• 2 months later...

I'd love to know how you got the iPhone to play music Bluetooth. Mines paired up and I can make calls, but the music just played through the iPhone speakers. As far as I know, the iPhones don't support the A2DP standard, maybe the iPhone 4 does. But then, the dealer at Mazda showed me that he could play music on his 3GS through the CX7.

• 1 month later...

Thank you to everyone who posted on this thread. With a bit of tinkering, I got my iPhone paired to the car last night. I also managed to get the music paired on Bluetooth as well, so that now I can play music from my iPhone and control it all from the steering wheel. Very cool.

This thread has gone a bit quiet, so I assume most people already know how to do this. If not, mention it on this thread and I will put up some detailed instructions.

Hey, I have my iPhone paired but cannot get the music to play via Bluetooth.

If you can do step by step that would be appreciated, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Due to the nature of the thing I think a little video clip would be best if you can do one (plus it'll save you the pain of writing it up). I lost my camera on a recent bucks night... (along with the evidence).

• 1 month later...

does anyone know the steps to get this to work.

the dealer got it to work before i drove it away.

i started the car again and now im stuck with random japanese pop!

Edited by asitag

Hi guys..new here..well kind of anyway. Used to post back when i have my V35 (totalled :P ). Anyway..now i'm back with the V36 (never learned my lesson :D )..and since i can't remember my old user ID..had to register a new one..

Anyway, just bought myself a 2008 V36 coupe with Nav, music box, Side & Rear camera, leather seats. Not sure if i have the premium Bose or not (still no clue what model/package that is actually). I manage to work out quite a few of those Japanese menus/buttons (due to previous experience with my V35 :( ) but i could not, for the life of me, get the bluetooth to work!!! :ermm: . I manage to get to the menu where there is "Bluetooth" in the menu but the "Bluetooth On" button is greyed out. There is only 3 selectable buttons there which is the Bluetoth password change (the one where you can enter numbers), Bluetooth info and a button which leads to a lists of Japanese menus.

Is my bluetooth on already? if not, how do i on it? Before anyone ask, i know i have bluetooth as there is the phone & voice commannd button on my steering wheel. HELP ME!!... :ermm:

PS: Oh yeah..i have a Sony Erricson Satio phone.

Bose Sound Systems are an option in Japan, if you have a Bose sound equiment your front speakers should feature the Bose Logo also located in the back seat centre where arm rest sit would be replaced with two speakers, I am assuming subs or larger speakers.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost finished writing the new step-by-step process.

Will be adding it to the manual i have written in the next day or two!

(along with steps on how to update your music box albums from the net using gracenote / compact flash, more translated menus and some other stuff!)

Edited by loz-tuned

Almost finished writing the new step-by-step process.

Will be adding it to the manual i have written in the next day or two!

(along with steps on how to update your music box albums from the net using gracenote / compact flash, more translated menus and some other stuff!)

brilliant!

looking fwd to the final product

• 1 month later...

Hey, I have my iPhone paired but cannot get the music to play via Bluetooth.

If you can do step by step that would be appreciated, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Due to the nature of the thing I think a little video clip would be best if you can do one (plus it'll save you the pain of writing it up). I lost my camera on a recent bucks night... (along with the evidence).

Hi guys,

I have also got my iphone 3GS paired fine and can take/make calls no dramas but can't quite figure out how to get music streaming from the phone.

How did you guys do it?

Cheers

Hi guys,

I have also got my iphone 3GS paired fine and can take/make calls no dramas but can't quite figure out how to get music streaming from the phone.

How did you guys do it?

Cheers

Pairing is the hard part

once you have done that

keep pressing 'DISC' until Blutooth comes up. you should be able to play from there

Hi guys,

How did you guys do it?

Cheers

How did we do it? From the above it looks like NOONE has done it.

Pairing is the hard part

once you have done that

keep pressing 'DISC' until Blutooth comes up. you should be able to play from there

This does not work for me with my iPhone 3GS. I can easily select BT at the source. Have you actually had it working?

This does not work for me with my iPhone 3GS. I can easily select BT at the source. Have you actually had it working?

i use the blutooth from my iphone 4 to play music every day

unless you have a different system

post a pic of your unit

Pairing is the hard part

once you have done that

OK no matter how many times I hit either the 'DISC' button on the centre console or the 'Source' button on the steering wheel nothing comes up.

I'm playing music on the Iphone 3GS, phone is paired and able to make and receive calls. The stereo just doesn't want to recognise bluetooth streaming as a source.

I'm wondering if there's a setting somewhere to enable bluetooth streaming as a source?