SAU Community

Had A Few Runs.. Not Welcome Back Now .. Lol

Tomek

Had 3 clean runs in total tonight, glad the box held together..

R32 GTR (400kw) Full street trim

Run 1 (light take off) 13.653 - 3.4 = 60' - 124.30 mph

Run 2 (6500rpm release handbrake) 11.346 - 1.87 = 60' - 126.76mph

Run 3 (7500rpm side step) 11.494 - 1.882 = 60' - 126.05mph

It was very hard to keep traction in 1st & 2nd, the track up here in Nth QLD isn't exactly flash.... After the 1st run I got my notice that I ran a too high mph & that this would be my last meet until I get a harness, which im not keen to do (drive line's saving grace) so now I can only speculate..

I know that every second that comes off from your 60 equals 2 at the end... What im asking is ... "what do the above speeds equal to on a well prepared track"

I uploaded a video of one of the runs to, I apologize for the poor quality was shot on my phone..

Edited by Tomek

Im going to try drag soon, looking forward to getting asked to not come back

The harness rule isnt too bad, i think the bad ones are the andra spec cage etc

Nice work, I got similar times with the 32, maybe I should of slipped the clutch a little lol!. What rubber did you have?

Half worn Potenza adrenaline's (255/40/17) ... The track wasn't very well prepared & resulted in poor 6o's.

I dunno about that.

I once had a car that genuinley made 400kw atw but had shite power delivery and a shite power band and only ran 126mph also.

On another note supporting your case I've also ran 126mph in my current GTR when it had 295kw.

just my 2c as I hate the ol, your car can't be making that power comments... :cool:

Michael

The first thing 126mph says is that the car isn't showing 400kw.

you can't make half a response :cool: Tell us what it is really making :sweat:

126mph should = high 10's

Oh, and Tomek, you ARE welcome back to the track...you just have to have the appropriate safety gear (and licencing) :cheers:

Judging by a et calculator your car should be good for a 10.63 at 126mph this is only an estimate calculator but so either more or less is possible. This was calculated at your car mass (3256 pounds or 1480kg) and power (400kw or 536hp at the wheels).

We use this on our drag car and found it to be fairly close most of the time

If you wanna (or anyone else for that matter) play around with this so you can see for yourself the site is http://www.wallaceracing.com/et-hp-mph.php

and you just need the weight of your car and hp.

On this site you can also find the power the car has through the wieght and et or the mph and et.

It is in american so you need pounds and horsepower to work it out.

Hope this helps

Cheers Matt

awsome vids mate, love the limiter on the 2nd one,

N1GTR i hope u make a heap of vids of your car when u run it, or put a thread up in the NSW member forums for members to come watch. ill sure be there....

I dunno about that.

I once had a car that genuinley made 400kw atw but had shite power delivery and a shite power band and only ran 126mph also.

On another note supporting your case I've also ran 126mph in my current GTR when it had 295kw.

just my 2c as I hate the ol, your car can't be making that power comments... :P

Michael

It would have to be a ferociously shit-house power delivery to genuinely make 400kW and run 126mph. My car made 335kW on the same dyno I've always tuned it on and ran 128.51mph @ 3243lbs. To be honest, the 335kW figure isn't really represented in the weight for power calculation either but it's a darn site closer than 126mph and 400kW.

The OP also mentions shitty street tyres and bad 60' times which will normally help mph (and hurt ET) so this isn't right either (even though the sixty was a respectable 1.8).

I'm not taking anything away from the run. 126mph is 126mph after all. But Blind Freddie could see in the first video posted that the power delivery is good and that the gate is open more often than it's not.

awsome vids mate, love the limiter on the 2nd one,

N1GTR i hope u make a heap of vids of your car when u run it, or put a thread up in the NSW member forums for members to come watch. ill sure be there....

Will do mate

Ill start the super long thread up again :)

got a mate that runs 125mph with an R32 GTR and it makes 300rwkw on UniGroups dyno so your 400kw is way off the mark. His car is also a complete street car with NOTHING stripped from the interior at all and races on Bob Jane All Rounders.

If its making 400 it should probably be capable of a low 10?

Post up your dyno sheet if you can

Edited by ido09s

Interesting thread as I will be running mine soon. I think it just comes down to different reading dynos. I dont just mean Tomek's pass where some are suggesting he is making less then 400, but also results like the 126mph that wrxkilla ran with only 295kw which just doesnt seem enough power for that result. It just proves that you cant compare dyno figures unless its done on the same dyno and the same day.

Car sounds awesome dude! Love the 290 one too lol.

A set of drag radials and a 1.6 60ft will see you into the high 10's.

My boss tuned a R34 that weighed 1650kg, made 360kW at the wheels and ran 11.6 @ 122mph also with a 1.8 60ft time.

I have run 134mph with 291kW at the wheels and 137mph with 387kW at the wheels, both on the same dyno, different turbo combinations. Power delivery has a big play in trap speed.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, I know of a GTR that makes a genuine 550wkw, runs low 11s @ around 125 as the power is just way too peeky and not suited to drags at all IMO.

Just another example of how dyno peek power can mean very little in real life situations.

Robbie.