SAU Community

Just Wrote Off My S15

stawka

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the support (sarcasm). To the guys that weren't there, please don't comment and give your bullshit insight. To those that were there, thanks for your real support as you would have noticed that I didn't overrev, try drifting, continue with the car while it was swinging out. One of the local workers in the area came to me as I was waiting to get picked up, and advised me that there is diesel on the road outside the truck-rental place and told me to take a photo of it. The police were pretty cool after I explained to them what happened and they said they won't bother with the court thing because of how it happened. I also didn't see the Skylines on the left until after I got out the car and saw a pack of guys running towards me.

On a side note to some of you clowns: When somebody's family member dies, would you say to them "I never liked him/her anyway?"

Chill out homs.

Don't get me wrong, I feel for ya. I've never wrecked a car but I imagine it'd feel pretty shit. I've also done more than my fair share of stupid shit on the road, so I'm not condemning you for anything.

All I was saying is if the coppers were going to make an issue of it, they will nail you guaranteed. Anyone willing to stretch the truth or flat out lie for you would get shafted too.

you'll find most members are commenting based off this..

"as we were outside maccas, accross the rd a nicely done up s15 was turning into the st opposite maccas and he tryed to drift it bang head on into the light post...will be a write off forsure...moved the strut but and all, i guess thats what you get for showing off"

thats what someone said they saw so i dunno.. can ya blame people for thinking there is more to the story than you let on?

Chill out homs.

Don't get me wrong, I feel for ya. I've never wrecked a car but I imagine it'd feel pretty shit. I've also done more than my fair share of stupid shit on the road, so I'm not condemning you for anything.

All I was saying is if the coppers were going to make an issue of it, they will nail you guaranteed. Anyone willing to stretch the truth or flat out lie for you would get shafted too.

sorry dude, I'm f**king cranky. I told the cops, when I was 18 - forget it. I'm 25 now, I've worked my ass off to get this S15 the way I want it... I'm not gonna sit there doing burnout's on the streets to either crash it or lose my license.

Te cops said they will let it go because they realized I wasn't some 18 year old hero that has a Jap car so I can do burnout's and hoon around 24-7. I just wanted a couple of the guys numbers in case, because they seemed like good blokes and looked after me pretty well as I've never been through this before.

you'll find most members are commenting based off this..

"as we were outside maccas, accross the rd a nicely done up s15 was turning into the st opposite maccas and he tryed to drift it bang head on into the light post...will be a write off forsure...moved the strut but and all, i guess thats what you get for showing off"

thats what someone said they saw so i dunno.. can ya blame people for thinking there is more to the story than you let on?

That's fair enough dude. When you see a car lose control, you can almost always assume he's "trying something". I didn't come on here to tel a sob story, I came on to grab a number or two as witnesses because some of the guys mentioned they were happy to do so because they saw what had happened.

Ahh well, not gonna get into this. Lock up the thread I guess

dont get me wrong i feel for you dude but just thought i'd let ya know why ppl are saying what they are..

part out the car probaly make most of ya money back :D

No shit, someone close the thread. I'm getting more upset than I was before. It just hit me now

You'll be right mate, life goes on.

At the end of the day it's just a car. And you can't go back and change it so do what I do, learn from your mistake then move on. No point letting it get you.

No shit, someone close the thread. I'm getting more upset than I was before. It just hit me now

You'll be alright. Like said above in the end it's just a car. Are you avoiding the insurance question because you don't have any? If that's the case make sure you have it on your next car!!! Live and learn

That's fair enough dude. When you see a car lose control, you can almost always assume he's "trying something". I didn't come on here to tel a sob story, I came on to grab a number or two as witnesses because some of the guys mentioned they were happy to do so because they saw what had happened.

Ahh well, not gonna get into this. Lock up the thread I guess

Yo calm the heck down man, your the one asking for help not us, and in all honestly if this girl was really your pride and joy and have had it for awhile without making any sort of recent major modification you would know her limits and you must have been pushing a fair amount if you couldn't just jump on the brakes and sort it out. I feel for you and I was going to put up a post telling the guys to go easy on you but f**k dude after those replies you seriously need to calm down. Everyone is entitled to their opinion yes and you are entitled to defend yourself but your getting overly defensive like you got something to hide. If you really didn't mean to then prove it or accept the fact this is what you would be thinking the same if you saw the same thing. All in all I hope all the best for you, I'm sorry you lost your girl and my condolences to you.

James

ps... erm.. I know this might be too early but I checked out your link for the sale and your rims are really nice... just putting it out there if you want to get rid of them (if they're still in good nick of course).

Lol, Charlie

if the roads were as wet as described from the event, then the oil will probably be on the surface of the water which would had been carried off or away from the surface run-off. if it was tar or something more resistant or tacky, it probably be on the road still.

even then, unless your wheels are soaked in oil , it will probably be washed off the grooves of your tires as your wheels rotate. It is not as thought you are on 2 wheels, its pretty hard to get affected on 4 wheels as compared to 2 wheels (riders in here will know what i mean) to be able to really cause you such a major spin.

also at what speed where you traveling at? Its hard to imagine wrecking a car so bad for it to be written off from traveling within the legal speed limit.

for a car to spin out and crash and to total, you need to be traveling at a significant high speed (definitely not your 60km/h or even 70.) and driving over oil spilled road doesn't really affect the spin as much as you think it would, again unless your wheels are soaked, or the whole road is flooded with it. I say this with experience from advance driving courses where we drove past oil spilled roads, and we were doing 100km/h, and yes we manage to stop w/o spin-outs.

i am unsure if i should be stern because of the many ambiguities surrounding what happened, but by giving you the benefit of doubt that you are telling the truth, i do feel for the lost of your car.

if the roads were as wet as described from the event, then the oil will probably be on the surface of the water which would had been carried off or away from the surface run-off. if it was tar or something more resistant or tacky, it probably be on the road still.

even then, unless your wheels are soaked in oil , it will probably be washed off the grooves of your tires as your wheels rotate. It is not as thought you are on 2 wheels, its pretty hard to get affected on 4 wheels as compared to 2 wheels (riders in here will know what i mean) to be able to really cause you such a major spin.

also at what speed where you traveling at? Its hard to imagine wrecking a car so bad for it to be written off from traveling within the legal speed limit.

for a car to spin out and crash and to total, you need to be traveling at a significant high speed (definitely not your 60km/h or even 70.) and driving over oil spilled road doesn't really affect the spin as much as you think it would, again unless your wheels are soaked, or the whole road is flooded with it. I say this with experience from advance driving courses where we drove past oil spilled roads, and we were doing 100km/h, and yes we manage to stop w/o spin-outs.

i am unsure if i should be stern because of the many ambiguities surrounding what happened, but by giving you the benefit of doubt that you are telling the truth, i do feel for the lost of your car.

My mate wrapped his Gemini around a pole at 50km/h made a right mess of it too, so in the wet with a RWD car spinning it out is always an option especially when cornering. I've nearly spun my wagon out turning out of a street onto the highway in the wet doing all of 20km/h, when I first got my P's.

Remember the ANCAP frontal crash testing is done at only 64 km/h and that makes a right mess of cars, if crash was a side on impact you can imagine how much worse the carnage would be.

Edited by FrangaR33

My mate wrapped his Gemini around a pole at 50km/h made a right mess of it too, so in the wet with a RWD car spinning it out is always an option especially when cornering. I've nearly spun my wagon out turning out of a street onto the highway in the wet doing all of 20km/h, when I first got my P's.

Remember the ANCAP frontal crash testing is done at only 64 km/h and that makes a right mess of cars, if crash was a side on impact you can imagine how much worse the carnage would be.

question, do they brake for ANCAP test? or do they crash straight at 64km/h?

generally speed limits are set 20km/h road design the road design limitation.

Like Kris & Aaron said, this experience will pass, and you'll be the better for it.

At least you're not laden with the guilt of hitting a pedestrian in the process.

It was an honest mistake, since I/others witnessed it, it was not like he was racing around the corner at high speed.

It looked like a little too much acceleration in wet weather / not the best quality tyres.

So basically you just said that he was showing off, too much acceleration = showing off! Personally I think you're lying... from what others have said and the fact that it's common to show off in front of other "car enthusiasts". ALSO, I currently have poor quality tyres that are worn and my rear doesn't kick out. Even a lapse of judgement would only give the rear a wiggle... you must have hit it enough to want to go sideways.

It's a lesson learnt. Sounds like you need to learn how to either drive better, stop showing off, or probably both. I know you're not going to like what I have said but in the end you know what happened.

Edited by RB25PWR

Shame about the car mate but sorry I don't believe your story on how it happened. I'm thinking you saw a whole bunch of skylines and wanted to show off and it went really wrong. I'm sorry but a car just doesn't "kick out" without you making it.

This is what I think. I wasn't there and didn't see anything. Just thought I would make it clear just incase the fuzz get a read

I dont agree,

My car has cheep tires, and every now and than decides to kick out when driving normal in the rain. It scares the shit out of me because you dont expect it. So if he had tires such as me, one is Diamondback and other is DiamondBack, than its possible.