SAU Community

Western Australia Stagea Get Together.

chuckie

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, had a bit of a cruise around...

Whitfords Nodes doesn't seem to have any bbq's around.

post-60247-1282282659_thumb.jpg

I found this to be the best location, with the 2 bbq's circled in red. Preferably the one that's at the end of the carpark is the ideal one as it is essentially in full view of the carpark.

Nice to meet you guys in such wet and cold weather. Stags look awesome in any state. Thats to Chuckie for cooking the bbq and letting me sit in the stag. Hope to see you all again. I'll let you all know how I go tomorrow. Ruby

I would say it was a nice night, but it was fkn terrible weather :(

Good to meet a couple of new faces and catch up with a few old ones!

Good luck Ruby, stomp some fools for us! :)

P.S. roads were slippery on the way out :(:D

T'was a good night, even if the weather wasn't ideal!

Good to see everyone come out for a yarn and a snag. Thanks to Chuckie for providing some lovely 'local' produce and bubba for his buns (of the wheat variety) :(

Hopefully the next one will be abit dryer!

P.S - 2WD mode is mint :(

Update for you chaps. I did pretty good. Must have been the bbq :D I made the semi finals in 3 out of 5 of my divisions. The other 2 I made the finals and won silver! Very close on points in all. Total of over 20 rounds of fighting. I'm sore as hell now. Thanks for your support. :touch:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Feels like most tend to keep it under 8000rpm for hydraulic lifters. Quick search on the net and those on Rennlist like to keep theirs under 7500rpm, Speed Talk under 8000rpm. Perhaps start to take timing out for 7250rpm and soft cut it by 8000rpm.
    • Ok, so I just had a chat with my mechanic. He said there is no real source of lead in the engine, the bearings and pistons are aluminium and the rings I think he said are steel. He doesn't recall what additive he used but that along with the thicker 20w50 he used could be a source of lead. It's put me at ease a little bit and I guess I'll just have to wait 5000 k's to do another change and see if anything is different.  I appreciate you guys chiming in. I have a habit of immediately thinking worst case with things like this.
    • Finished street tuning it to 20psi with WMI. Haltech really makes it easy for you with those 4D maps. I have 17psi springs in my gates but they seem to only start cracking around 17 and taper off around 19/20psi. I was originally on 14psi springs but I'm expecting to need ~35-38psi to hit my goal and I was worried It wouldn't make it. Dyno's booked for next Friday. All I have left is to replace my el cheapo amazon special type k connectors on my EGT's. They have no strain relief and well are just all around cheap compared to what I use at work. I had the wires in one get lose and I don't want a repeat of that on the Dyno. I also want to figure out why I have 4 cylinders that are perfectly identical, one that's 30C over and another that's 30C under. I'm chocking this up to EGT position in the runners not being identical and will verify that as well. Wish me luck! Hopefully I make all the power with no bang. Question for the group, I have my rev limiter set to 8000rpm. I have a fully built head and new lifters but I stuck with hydro's. Is 8000 fair or am I being to cautious? 
    • Anyone used A to Z Imports in Goldcoast?  I was referred to them for engineering and RWC? However besides a few one off bad google reviews it all seems pretty legit?   https://www.atozimports.com.au/
    • RB26 JE pistons to suit 2.8 stroker crank 77.7mm and 86.5mm bore Custom made with EN plating and Je perfect skirt.  Valve pockets Suits 1mm over valves biggest lift you can throw at them. 21mm 210” wall 9310 upgraded wrist pins to suit standard sized 121.5mm rods. I had these made for my build but block had to be rebored to a larger size so sadly I can no longer use them. I spent a-lot of time and money on these pistons.  See photos these are the Heavy duty forging in 2618 material with all the bells and whistles accumulator grooves double force fed pin oilers skirt milling window milling etc.  The En plating was done to the whole piston this helps with heat and also critically in the ring grooves to prevent ring micro welding. The Perfect skirt is JE's propriety coating its a permanent coating that expands and contracts with the bore to prevent piston slap and noise and also friction. you can look these features up.  They have been balanced to a tenth of a gram at my expense. They come with Gas nitrided ring pack's and oil ring rail supports all brand new never used. The Dome volume is 17.9 cc which based on your Gasket thickness and chamber volume can put you anywhere you like in terms of Comp ratio in my case it was just under 9:1 but this is highly customizable for your build.  In terms of sizing these pistons will work with any 77.7mm build using the normal sized rods.  I did buy an extra set of rings at the time of purchase incase i stuffed one up during gapping so i will throw these in at my expense. I purchased these through performance wholesale in Brisbane and still have the receipt if you were to make these now it would cost more then double what i have them listed for. I am super fussy when it comes to building motors so you will see they have been measured and numbered with marker in the photos. Every thing has been handled and stored with the utmost care and diligence. looking for 2350 ONO any question please ask. test is better 0450 428 895 they will be sent via registered post anywhere in Aus free international buyers contact for quote.