SAU Community

Alternatve Dash For A31/c33

Nic_A31

Found these pics on a mate's Facebook page, from Malaysia

A31 Cefiro with an R33 dash and centre consoles.

Not sure how much rewiring / piping is needed for the air con and other controls..

Might do a little bit of research on this....I'd assume this means the R32 dash can also fit.

Pic's attatched

post-62975-1275190687_thumb.jpg

post-62975-1275190698_thumb.jpg

hmm i have a spare r33 dash, unless my mate threw it out.

kind of like the s15 dash more if it was a fit

all in all ceffy dash tops it for a ceffy

Edited by Dan_J

i have a feeling that ceff has a rb25 out of a 33 under the hood? , i have a 33 wreck (so i have all the heaters etc) , when i convert my ceff to rb25 i'll rip the dashes out of the pair and see how much difference there is :)

You could fit any dash really. They're all going to need some sort of modification and the other thing to consider is how well it will line up with the shape of the door cards.

FWIW I've seen a cefiro dash fitted into an R31 skyline, but i doubt anyone is going to rush out and put an R31 dash in their cef/laurel

Edited by daisu

Are there any more pics? I want to see how the door cards and pillars lined up.

You could fit any dash really.

True! I helped a friend fit an R33 dash into an S13. And another fit an R34 dash and seats into an S14. They bolted up fine. The only thing that didn't line up was the door. But they were track only cars so we didn't bother putting door panels back in.

I have also seen a Maxima with a complete R33 interior, not sure how much effort it took.

• 3 months later...
hahahahhahahah - well at least the poorly fitting R33 dash solves the cracked passenger airvent surround!!!! amirgiht?amiright?

....wait..

...am i still allowed to make that joke?

Do you have pics of an r33 dash in a cef? I'm curious to see exactly how bad it fits..

Wonder how much would need to be done behind the dash? (ie brackets, wiring looms, etc)

Esentially it could be done with a complete R32 halfcut (cut well past A pillars).....even if shit like fuse box needed swapping, pull it out of the halfcut.

no offence to the malays..

but i doubt there would be THAT much custom work...

they Msians don't seem too concerned with that sort of crap... especially on such an "old car"

chances are the dash is put in there - but there would be no working aircon, no functioning speedo / odo other dials.. no driving / fog lights, etc etc..

putting an R33 dash into A31 would be easy. 3M tape... few screws here n there - easy..

...getting dash looms, electrics and switches to WORK and communicate from a mid 90's skyline platform to a late 80's platform would be another thing all together i imagine...

one of the nicer dash conversions would be the A31 that ironchef is trying to sell at the moment.. it's a C33 dash with flock trim.. analog clock and digital climate control.

nic personally i think that you should buy it btw - i reckon you'd love it - your love for cefiro should not be stamped out just yet!!!!