SAU Community

Blue Headlights...can Anyone Help?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1. i've driven a skyline that had really blue lights as the high beams. it was terrible. while they lit up a decent distance, trying to actually make anything out was hard. low beams were actually better for seeing off into the distance than the highbeams were.

once you go above 4000k in a conventional bulb you start losing light.

my advice is to stop being a ricer and get lights that allow you to actually see where you are going

Blue lights and been able to see. I never said i dont want to see at all, But blue with god vision is what im after

Edited by show.it.off

you are the wackest.

*b-boy stance*

blue HID's are annoying as crap. if you MUST get HID get WHITE like the nice people.

blue HID is really annoying and total useless rice and a (worthY) defect notice waiting to happen.

...just putting it out there... have you tried cleaning / restoring your headlights??? because most retards in R33 don't know to do this / don't know how / cant be bothered witht he 20 minutes needed to make them like new again...

but perhaps the reason you're unhappy with your crap light output is relevent to your headlight corrosion?

you are the wackest.

*b-boy stance*

blue HID's are annoying as crap. if you MUST get HID get WHITE like the nice people.

blue HID is really annoying and total useless rice and a (worthY) defect notice waiting to happen.

...just putting it out there... have you tried cleaning / restoring your headlights??? because most retards in R33 don't know to do this / don't know how / cant be bothered witht he 20 minutes needed to make them like new again...

but perhaps the reason you're unhappy with your crap light output is relevent to your headlight corrosion?

Yes i have polished them back, Which made them look alot better, Will white be nice and bright on the road??

It should look like daylight with 5000k, the light produced is very white. As for HIDs into R33 headlights, the R33 headlight housing doesn't concentrate all of the light onto the road, it shines up into the tree tops. 5000k will look like this

Kelvin rating has nothing to do with heat. You have no idea what you are on about.

Sorry Mr forum Warrior Sensai

I know that Kenvin is a unit increment of temperature so dont jump out with somthing you think you know your going to confuse the thread starter

Back on toppic, Your hallogen lights are hotter than a H.I.D but the smaller bulb of the hallogen is placed to far back in the balsiter of the headlight to burn anything or even worry about its heat, just get your normal 55watts and you will be sweet, H.I.D kits are often a problem becaues the bulb is too large for the headlight and being so close to the lens because of the unit with a higher kelvin of about 8000k or so it means instant burn marks on the inside of the lens.

I really think they are not worth it man but if you really want them so bad then just get 5000k or 6000k

I would rather S3 R33 GTR lights brand new from Nissan for $1200 :)

Sorry Mr forum Warrior Sensai

I know that Kenvin is a unit increment of temperature so dont jump out with somthing you think you know your going to confuse the thread starter

I'm terribly sorry, you are wrong. He is right.

You are wrong, wrong, wrong I suggest you shut up and not confuse the OP.

Holy shit man you are just so wrong.

you know what i hate the most. cheap shit HIDs pointed up. it fking blinds me, if some idiot has the on behind me, ill SLOW right down. soo fking annoying.

agreed^. i was driving behind a new-ish honda something or other the other night. the road in front of us, above us, and to the sides, was lit up like a construction zone. i couldnt believe this idiot drives around like that oblivious to the fact he's blinding all the oncoming drivers. it was ridiculous.

munkyboy that's nothing - the other day i was driving around and this guy in a lancer was driving around with HID's on and the lights were bright as so i got out my car n jumped on my penny farthing bicycle and chased him down at the set of lights i asked him to get out of his car n grabbed him by the throat n pulled out my samurai sword n held it to his throat while i forced him to look at his HIDs head on and he was all like

"no please no more sir i see the error in my ways i now get why Rowan is so awesome and i'm still an adopted virgin"

all i could say to him was HA-HAAAAA as i teased him some more for being a virgin...

he started crying so i gave him a chinese burn for being such a wuss, he cried more so i snap kicked him in the head n then i spat on his nanna cos she said blue HID lights were cool, i didn't WANT to snap kick his nanna but she was out of line man, out of line...

so i got back on my penny farthing n rode off into the sunset

by saying "rode off" i meant "made out with"

and by saying "into the sunset" i mean "40 hot blondes"

it was a cool night man you should've been there

now

can we PLEASE STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS

Yes, but before I bother explaining colour temperature.

Think for a second.... Do you really think those lights are burning at 8000 K? That's ~7725*C

The temperature of the surface of our Sun is ~6000*C

EDIT: Oops, Added instead of minused 273

Yes i have always used (°C) = (K) − 273.15

I thought 8000K was about 1100 degreess celsius????

Anyway, i dont think you should get HID's because like everyone says here they shine in peoples eveys and that means the placement of the bulb is totaly incorrect pissing you and everyone else off.

You will have to do a r33 GTR S3 front end conversion too have some good H.I.D's happaneing :)

was stuck at the lights with this fully sick civic driver behind me. i was so close to getting out and telling him to fix his fking lights. was ridiculous, there are reasons high beams are illegal to use around other cars. the same with super bright headlights.

slightly off topic -

nowadays when i'm

A) stopped at traffic lights for a long time behind someone

B) stuck in not moving / slow moving traffic

C) in a multi storey carpark

i turn my headlights off... and leave only my park / city lights on.. then turn the low beams on when i am supposed to

traffic lights... driver in front knows i'm there. driver doesn't need to be blinded by my headlights.

slow moving traffic ie: city, pedestrians don't need my big bright headlights to blind them and i can see from city shop / street lights

multistory carpark is a big one

particularly if i'm on my way out. if i'm "up" and "heading down" a ramp, and another car is coming in, or "heading up" the ramp...

...my headlights point DOWN... naturally... so it shines directly in their eyes if they're left on... as in the central spectrum of light points directly into their retinas in this case, it's not pleasant and i hate having it done to me!

so that's the way i drive - and i encourage other people to take note also... it's just common courtesy! you don't drive with high beams on unless you have to...

so why drive with your headlights on when they're not needed!