SAU Community

Blue Headlights...can Anyone Help?

Yes i have always used (°C) = (K) − 273.15

I thought 8000K was about 1100 degreess celsius????

Anyway, i dont think you should get HID's because like everyone says here they shine in peoples eveys and that means the placement of the bulb is totaly incorrect pissing you and everyone else off.

You will have to do a r33 GTR S3 front end conversion too have some good H.I.D's happaneing :banana:

Close but:

0 degrees Celcius is 273.16 Kelvin

0 Kelvin is -273.16 degrees Celsius, this is what's called absolute zero when there is absolutely no kinetic energy, it really is a bit of an imaginary state.

-273.15 degrees Celsius is 0.01 K which is the triple point of water, water is actually pretty weird.

Either way, if you were using Celsius = K - 273.15 (which is really close enough in most cases)... How the hell did you get 8000 K = 1100 degrees Celsius ?

Even then, do you think your light bulbs are burning at 1100 degrees Celsius? Aluminium melts at a bit under 700 degrees Celsius.

On Topic:

Your reflectors are made for halogens, using HID's could cause unexpected scatter. Not all light is the same. =)

Good quality halogens are fine, just get them in 8000K. But don't complain when you either crash or get defected.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Close but:

0 degrees Celcius is 273.16 Kelvin

0 Kelvin is -273.16 degrees Celsius, this is what's called absolute zero when there is absolutely no kinetic energy, it really is a bit of an imaginary state.

-273.15 degrees Celsius is 0.01 K which is the triple point of water, water is actually pretty weird.

Either way, if you were using Celsius = K - 273.15 (which is really close enough in most cases)... How the hell did you get 8000 K = 1100 degrees Celsius ?

Even then, do you think your light bulbs are burning at 1100 degrees Celsius? Aluminium melts at a bit under 700 degrees Celsius.

On Topic:

Your reflectors are made for halogens, using HID's could cause unexpected scatter. Not all light is the same. =)

Good quality halogens are fine, just get them in 8000K. But don't complain when you either crash or get defected.

Damn i suck my Kelvin rep :(

Haha anyway i originaly said it was increment of temperature which was my level of understanding ......... ? :bunny:

Anyway i am a Spareparts interp at Nissan and do VW and Mazda aswell so i know just get yourself some genuine parts and you cant go wrong champ :D sucks if you dont get 70% off (dealer priceyyssss )

Edited by central coast person

http://www.cincitydesigns.com/

very blue can even change colours unsure what they are projectors. very brite and you will get pulled over lots.

also chasing the oil film halogens. supposedly change heaps of colours green etc. but when u get closer you see lots of different spectrums on different angles.

swedish. cant find a brand

I sssssooooooooo want these.........reckon I'll pick up another 147rwkw easy. I think I picked up 10 just watching the clip!!!

Haha anyway i originaly said it was increment of temperature which was my level of understanding ......... ? :rofl:

So tell me again how im wrong???

I saw someone with purple HID's last night, and thought of this thread, True Story

Looked ridiculous, don't know how they could see with those.