SAU Community

June Photo Thread

barraspalding

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

out of curiosity, do you guys who spend big money on camera and gear do it just as a hobby/passion or are you's involved in photography as a career?

im familiar with pro-sumer types, but do you intend to eventually do it for work?

my brother is an aspiring professional photgrapher and has sunk so much money into gear it makes me wonder if its worthwhile in a fiscal sense.

Just a hobby for me (although work did pay me $200 for two photo's last year)

heres my previous photos enlarged as requested and another.

this pics just my sax with a model light pointed at it.

4678745843_eb3b9f8d99_b.jpg

this shot was taken while we were setting up the lighting for a photoshoot, ending up liking this shot.

4678008067_f851a02d33_b.jpg

Kwinana Industrial area.

4671446093_382522776e_b.jpg

Yeah, Clint is the one teaching me a fair bit about photography. Good to see you in here finally, mate!!

I'm doing it for a hobby, even though I havent sunk too much money into my camera just yet. A fair bit is going in soon, though. Might look into doing it professionally one day, but I'm no where near that stage at the moment. In a few years, maybe.

heres my previous photos enlarged as requested and another.

this shot was taken while we were setting up the lighting for a photoshoot, ending up liking this shot.

4678008067_f851a02d33_b.jpg

This is a great shot, I love the subtleness and discretion but you can still tell from the lines that this is an R32 GTR. Now if you could take the number plates off... :)

I'm lucky in the fact that i have a couple of mid range lenses here at work i can borrow from time to time to try stuff with. All i've spent so far is the camera (D90), replaced a lens I dropped after some beers, and a nifty fifty. Building a house so I'm not in a position to spend up just yet, nor am i skilled enough to really reap the benefits from the gear yet. I wouldn't mind getting a good tele soon though.

Yeah, Clint is the one teaching me a fair bit about photography. Good to see you in here finally, mate!!

I'm doing it for a hobby, even though I havent sunk too much money into my camera just yet. A fair bit is going in soon, though. Might look into doing it professionally one day, but I'm no where near that stage at the moment. In a few years, maybe.

I need photo guru damnnit! ;p

This is a great shot, I love the subtleness and discretion but you can still tell from the lines that this is an R32 GTR. Now if you could take the number plates off... :)

haha yeah the plates ended up coming off :miner:

You'll need to send me where it is Sidd, looks awesome!

Here's a couple pics I took of my mates beast after a game of footy. (SO SORE NOW.... NURSE?)

[Group%201]-DSC_8986_DSC_9006-19%20images.jpg

DSC_9013.jpg

DSC_9019_20_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_9059.jpg

DSC_9045.jpg

DSC_9051.jpg

DSC_9031.jpg

We're gonna get together and do a proper shoot sometime soon.

So ive been travelling around the states, canada and mexico the last few months...

Took some snaps last week in Cabo San Lucas Mexico.... Most beautiful place ive been!

Im no Pro, and they were taken with a waterproof Panasonic Lumix... oh and most of the pics were taken drunk too.....

Enjoy!

p1110085.jpg

p1100912x.jpg

p1100531c.jpg

p1100388.jpg

p1100198g.jpg

p1100212y.jpg

p1100123.jpg

p1100205i.jpg