SAU Community

Thermo Fan Controller

Hey,

Needed to replace my engine fan due to larger radiator.

Went down the thermo-fan path and now need a controller!

I am after a thermo fan controller which reads water temp sensor (better to get another water temp sensor), can define a turn-on temperature (85degrees) and turns off when reaches another temperature (80degrees)

and turns on constantly when AC is on.

What is the best option to do this?

I have found;

http://www.spalusa.com/store/main.aspx?p=i...item=FAN-PWM-V3 but they want $160usd for it O_o

Thanks for the help

Drift have a pretty nice looking fan controller & at a very reasonable price...

Haven't used one myself but have heard good things about them. Check it out on their website.

As for the a/c side of things I think you're on the right track. May need a 5-pin relay with two switch points, one for fan controller, one for a/c...

Drift have a pretty nice looking fan controller & at a very reasonable price...

Haven't used one myself but have heard good things about them. Check it out on their website.

As for the a/c side of things I think you're on the right track. May need a 5-pin relay with two switch points, one for fan controller, one for a/c...

Cant find an instruction manual for it. The site doesnt say much about its functions which is a pain.

i have a hks fan controller, comes with loom etc, it gives in-car temp reading etc, never used, u just need to download the user manual and ur good to go

exactly like this

http://www.frsport.com/HKS-Universal-Elect...ller_p_875.html

120 bucks delivered anywhere in aus u may be :)

Hey,

Thanks for that, let me do some reading up on it to see if it can do what I am after.

Ill try and find a user manual.

Cheers

get a thermo switch that is what ever temperature you want and put it in the bottom of the radiator and run the wire from the stockfan to the relay aswell with a doide in it

Thanks for the links Trent.

Cant find user manual for the Drift controller so unsure how it exactly works. Im leaning towards the Spal thermo controller which can control two fans independently and loads them up gradually from 50% to 100% if temperature increases. Stops two thermos turning on at 100% and draining my car of electricity haha.

Looking into fitting an AU thermo shroud as many have done in the past. If it doesnt fit, ill go down the path of your flex-a-lite low profiles.

Oh how i wish you still did mechanical work ;)

on another note (if you see this reply);

had to replace the gtr injectors 440cc with 550cc due to leaks!. Is there a way I can limp the car down to your place for a tune?

Cheers

sounds like an easy job for a small microcontroller and a relay/thyristor... could even run it on PWM using a thyristor to keep a more constant temp.

haha well you seem to know whats going on. Make one up and earn some quick cash :(

Maybe i should. wonder if anyone else would want one.

The first one would be a very rough prototype, if i was to make one. Not too pretty to look at...

I'll have a look at water temp sensors, do ya know where the stock one is located?

Maybe i should. wonder if anyone else would want one.

The first one would be a very rough prototype, if i was to make one. Not too pretty to look at...

I'll have a look at water temp sensors, do ya know where the stock one is located?

this is where it is for the r32, not sure on any other model skyline

post-a274047-water-coolantsensor.jpg

vdo do one.....its a small box that has a positive,neg,sender and trigger wires.....tap into your original temp sender wire that runs to the dash,adjust and away you go...no butchery needed