SAU Community

Sauwa Karting 1 Hour Endurance Event

Ashy Larry

G'Day all,

It has been awhile since we ran the SAUWA Karting event.

So I have booked the event for Saturday the 31st July at 1900 (7PM) Race Start

Find the Details below.

SAUWA GO-KART Endurance Race

What: 1 Hour Go Kart Endurance Race

When: Sat 31st July 2010 . 1800 Arrival and Race Suit Fitting 1830 for drivers briefing

Where: Wanneroo International Kart Track (Wattle Road, Wanneroo)

How Much: $220 Per Kart ($110 per Driver)

Guys / Girls,

Following a couple of successful Karting events, Brad and I have decided to run another SAUWA Karting event at the Wanneroo International Karting Track. (NOT WANNEROO RACE WAY)

It will be a teams event with a minimum of 2 people per team, with a maximum of 15 teams, so spots will be limited. But please feel free to come out and be a spectator and slag and generally have a good time at the drivers expense.

The race will be a Le Mans start, and then into an hour (1) endurance race.

Teams will require a driver change through out the event. The event is about seeing who completes the most laps over the hour. So in order to finish first, first you must finish.

These karts are the twin engine Pro-Karts and not your ordinary hire karts, Top Speed is close to 100KMH, and I think Mike and I managed a 96.8 KMH trap speed. So we are looking for keen drivers that are interested in a bit of competition as well as a social fun day out

Team numbers will be limited to 15, however as many drivers as you want per team. This will also have an effect on your driving time as well if you have more than 2 drivers.

Teams will be competing not only for forum bragging rights, but Trophies that will be presented at completion of the race by our Brad and I.

For 1st (Mike & Bard) 2nd & 3rd.

There is a perpetual trophy up for grabs for the winners.

Paul & Tom are our current champions.

Now the serious bits!!

Firstly each team will need to place a credit card down on the day of racing to cover their Kart in case of damages. Now I know that this sounds off putting, but seeing as these are the Pro-Karts it is the only way around of driving them without having a CAMs kart licence.

(No clean, smooth driver has ever had any damage)

Bring your own full faced helmet if you want, (they do have helmets available to borrow )

Long shirt / t-shirt and pants as well as closed in shoes (sneakers) is a must.

For those of you that were there last event, you will agree it was a great race with not only some super competition and some extremely funny moments.

Well, Team Ram Rod is ready to come out and revenge its title loss of fast Kart team in SAUWA.

Money will need to be paid to Brad via the SAUWA Event Bank Details which will be handed out once you have confirmed entry via PM.

Cheers

Mike

Teams:

1) Team RamRod

2) Team Topaz

3) Patty & Pocket Rocket

4) Team Green Wang Pump Racing Scott & Maka

5) Team Chop Chop

6) Team Green Wang Pump Racing 2 Jean - Cristoph & Sime

7) Team Green Wang Pump Racing 3 Ben & Sam

8) Team Steel

9) Team Steel 2

10)Team Wog-Riderz

11) Patty Team 2

12)

13)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen Tom in ages, hope hes still around to help defend our title. I also haven't seen the Trophy we won ever since I gave it back to Mike for engraving :sick:

Didn't he pretty much win it by hogging the kart? :action-smiley-069:

hey it seems we're home for this!

let me talk to the boss!

i might have either tab as a team mate or blair (even if i have to make him and his s15 ass join sauwa lol)

Haven't seen Tom in ages, hope hes still around to help defend our title.

I linger...

I also haven't seen the Trophy we won ever since I gave it back to Mike for engraving :(

ditto...

Also, I belive we were Team From Behind.... but it's not fitting any more. Maybe "Team Tom" or "Team clearly consist 67% of Tom"

Edited by Topaz