SAU Community

E10/100 On A Pulp98 Tune - Any Issues?

You need a retune to make use.

Just changing fuel will not realise the full benefits.

There is extra timing and fuel mappings that need changes to see the gains that are to be had.

That's what I thought, but is there any danger?

ie due to the ethanol content not flowing enough fuel on the PULP98 tune? Or is 10% ethanol not enough to drastically change the flow requirements?

Should be ok, I tried it a while back for its higher octane but I found little difference in knock protection between that and BP98. If you want benefits re-tune for E85, more pumps should become available very soon.

Should be ok, I tried it a while back for its higher octane but I found little difference in knock protection between that and BP98. If you want benefits re-tune for E85, more pumps should become available very soon.

No worries. Yeah i plan on getting a netbook to plug into the Haltech and tuning a map for E85 so i can switch between the two as need arises... Just dropped $10k+ on the car though so perhaps i'll leave it a while.. ;)

That's what I thought, but is there any danger?

ie due to the ethanol content not flowing enough fuel on the PULP98 tune? Or is 10% ethanol not enough to drastically change the flow requirements?

Well not overtly major other than the "why?" ;)

Just use as is until you are tuned for it.

Well not overtly major other than the "why?" :down:

Just use as is until you are tuned for it.

I just happened to be at the airport and needed some petty. United had E10/100 and as i'm not sure what their 98 is like i thought i'd chuck half a tank in.

Just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to break anything :blink:

i use E10/100 ron and i certainly rate it. its about 1.20 a L most days and ive tuned my car to suit the fuel. awesome torque gains from few degrees extra timing.

Would tuning for it be that easy - just bung in another couple degrees and run it up on the dyno to make sure it's still not near detonation?

after all the dollars you spent on a custom tune I would just run 98. I would only run the E10/100 ron fuel if you took it back for a quick retune.

I tried the E10/100 ron fuel a while ago and I got 5L/100km worse fuel economy for no gain in power (because I didnt get a tune). So I quickly changed back to 98.

Just wait for E85 and get a custom tune done then.

Edited by Harey

after all the dollars you spent on a custom tune I would just run 98. I would only run the E10/100 ron fuel if you took it back for a quick retune.

I tried the E10/100 ron fuel a while ago and I got 5L/100km worse fuel economy for no gain in power (because I didnt get a tune). So I quickly changed back to 98.

Just wait for E85 and get a custom tune done then.

Aight :blink: