SAU Community

'89 R32 Gtst Climate Control Unit Etc

Hibino

Ok, so when I bought my R32 I was told the aircon had been removed (why, I really don't know. It's queensland not antarctica). So after finally getting the shits with not having it I'm trying to figure out what I need and if it can be done easily.

I have bought an a/c compressor/condensor/heater core but I don't have any lines/hoses yet for them. There are 2 holes in the firewall where I believe the lines used to run but everything's been ripped out so I'm assuming if there was aircon, it can be put back in. I've got an RB25 Neo in there now but in theory it should all work right.

BUT, I want to know if my control unit has been swapped or if this is the one it came with?

IMG_0133.jpg

I've never seen another turbo skyline with it, they all have the electronic units. Is it possible to swap them over etc?

Should I just sell my car and buy a shitbox with aircon? Who the hell takes it out if it's not a track car.

p.s. yes I know it's winter...

nah that one came with turbos too, got it on my '89 gts-t. if anything i kinda prefer the old school one but thats just me. main difference is the control for the temperature is a giant mechanical cable looking thing coming out the back of the unit rather than electrical wires for the temp control.

depending on how much stuff has been removed and how much stuff u have to buy u might be able to swap to electronic with not much extra cost. if its just the engine bay bits and pieces missing ull have to dig around in the dash to swap some stuff over to convert which = more $$ that u dont really need to spend (unless its already missing).

Edited by prosman