SAU Community

Best Method Of Selling R34 In Act

Hi all,

Due to some significant lifestyle changes I'm looking to sell my R34GTT manual coupe. I love it and it has been well kept, but I can't justify having it any longer.

It has a reasonable amount of work done to it (MTQ Turbo, FMIC, full Blitz exhaust, Jim Berry Clutch, Nismo LM-GT4 wheels, Whiteline/Bilstein suspension, vinyl seats amongst other things) so I'm not sure how this will affect my ability to sell it locally (it is still registered in QLD). Are these factors going to be a problem?

Can anyone offer advice on the most ideal places to offer it for sale, or even if is worth approaching any specific dealers? I understand dealers will probably offer a great deal less but I don't want to be in a position where I'm chasing a private buyer with dodgy finance...

All thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to sell it to a Dealer, then go up to Parramatta Rd in Sydney, many import dealers. I suggest you try Jimmy at Top Motor Imports at Camperdown, that's where I got my GTT from. Great service from Jimmy.

http://www.topmotorimports.com.au/view/index.php

Or try All Imports in Haberfield

http://www.allimports.com.au/view/index.php

Good luck :)

hey bud,

this isn't state specific, but if you are selling a car with work done to it, worse place you can go is to dealers, because they are the worst buyers possible, they won't give you a happy number to work with.

try posting it up here, but write a really detailed description, dates, receipts and where the work was done, and take a lot of photos, and load them up thru an image host like photo bucket so people can just browse. the goal is to give as much information to motivate someone to come check it out in person

oh and clean up the car inside and out so the pictures reflect the quality of the car so it presents mint

all the best, you car sounds like a nice package so don't let it down by your marketing

here's a good example of what i mean:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/19...ne-t313048.html

danny

Edited by squareznboxez

hey bud,

this isn't state specific, but if you are selling a car with work done to it, worse place you can go is to dealers, because they are the worst buyers possible, they won't give you a happy number to work with.

Danny,

Thanks for your advice.

I suspect that a dealer is my most realistic buyer as the car is not registered in ACT and has plenty of work done to it. I can't afford to have the car 'on sale' for months, and last time I sold an R34 in Brisbane (2006) I gave up with private sellers after 3 months and got a reasonable price from a dealer (best thing was I had the money instantly and didn't have to worry about RWC or anything else).

Does anyone actually buy cars from SAU? Whenever I read the 'For Sale' forums I see 'nice car', 'sweet ride' or 'you are kidding' but rarely any real interest...

Any other Canberrans able to share local dealers who would be interested in purchasing imports? Is there even a market here for selling on consignment?

Cheers

I have seen one purple r33 for sale at a dealer locally, but not sure theres a big dealer market for it here. There was a place called EVO motorsports, or fast and the furious, but I think they closed down.

Mrgilly,

If you want to sell your car to a dealer then take the 3hr drive up to Sydney, there are many dealers there. There are no decent import dealers in canberra and Sydney will give you a much better deal as they have a bigger market to sell to.

Check out the links to the dealers i posted the other day, these guys are the largest import dealers in Sydney and have been in the game for 9 years with family in Japan that do all their purchases and they sell imports all over Australia.

Cheers

• 5 months later...

http://canberracarfair.com.au/ for the epic car fair.

It is where bought my last car, and trying to sell it now also. But due to the rain it is closed this weekend I just found out.

ACT is pretty good on modded cars, much better than NSW. And in act u can get a roadworth check done and sell the car with RWC and that'll make it sell easier.

You'll need some ideas of how much you feel it is worth comparitively to other similar cars for sale at present.

But yeh it's a very hard market atm, and just before christmas is the absolute worst time to try to sell...

GL!