SAU Community

Limp....now Waiting For Diagnostic

awww...was driving down williams rd today and suddenly car goes into limp mode....

spent 2 hrs to get tow truck to get in down to city nissan and waiting for their diagnostic, finger cross :D

anyone the "possibility" that cause the car goes to limp mode?

all i can notice is the engine oil is kinda low when i pull over and checking around the car on the side of the road day before it goes on the tow truck...

awww...was driving down williams rd today and suddenly car goes into limp mode....

spent 2 hrs to get tow truck to get in down to city nissan and waiting for their diagnostic, finger cross :)

anyone the "possibility" that cause the car goes to limp mode?

all i can notice is the engine oil is kinda low when i pull over and checking around the car on the side of the road day before it goes on the tow truck...

Is urs a CVT-8? I hope not.

Aww...as my car went into limp mode while driving, now the car has been scanned by City Nissan.

Called them just then and they said "because its imports, we have limited information about the codes"

but they did pick up some code reflecting to pedal position sensor....and ECU..., also mentioned about ABS, but nothing about the mass air flow sensor

check on G35driver.com...most of ppl are having the pedal positioning sensor issue too

the guy told me because they dont have 350z there otherwise they would strip it and test it out. (might get mate's Z in monday morning if they dont have one, BYO!)

they gave me options of:

-possible pedal position sensor (came up twice in the scanning, gonna cost me $450 to get it replace)

-possible ECU (because they dont know what other code refers to so they just guessing it, and its gonna cost me $3.5k to get it done :) )

-check with other mech/tech who have more experience on this car...(Chris Rogers!!!)

iam awaiting the scan code from them via email now...

so wanna get my car back ASAP...should i simply replace the pedal positioning sensor...

any help are appreciated~~

==============================

Okay, got the code form City Nissan...

"ENGINE – P0226 – APP SENSOR

ABS – C1131 – ENGINE SIGNAL 2"

According to V35_Paul's information...

So....clearly shows Pedal sensor right????

Edited by Japav

Bad news....i just called up City Nissan as I wanna try to replace the pedal position sensor for a trial...

they told me they would need to order the part from Japan instead of using 350Z part....which is gonna take more than 2 weeks

Ahh the joys of owning a rare import!

I am not surprised they are claiming "because it's an import" we can't help as much - its been a policy of Nissans to stonewall imports when it comes to parts and service. All the data out of those ports is pretty standard these days, and they should be able to get their hands on basic information from JP pretty easily.

I would get it to someone non-nissan that has had some experience with them.

cant really wait for 2 weeks..

anyone know where to source wreck part in Oz?

I've currently found one in SA...awaiting for reply from them if they do have the part

also double checking with Chris Rogers if they pedal component is not interchangeable with Vs and Zs.

and also quit askng me question after question please :P

for reference unless I have the car PHYSICALLY in front of me I cannot really help.

pffttt...and I thought you had JEDI powers :)

hmnm....any1 close to melb CBD would like to give a hand by drop in their car on Monday morning...and let them try your sensor on my car?~ offering rewards for doing so~ :)

• 4 weeks later...

so I heard City Nissan have solved your problem...

care to share with the rest of us here how much it cost you and what actually went wrong?

so I heard City Nissan have solved your problem...

care to share with the rest of us here how much it cost you and what actually went wrong?

oh yeah~

after almost 3 week waiting, finally got the car back with whole pedal drum section replaced with shipping from Jap, and part+labour cost of $477~

but now i facing another issue - EPA notice from the stupid operation Pipedown....and my varex muffler wont pass it for sure, gotta put everything back to stock and test again, another day without my car :down:

oh yeah~

after almost 3 week waiting, finally got the car back with whole pedal drum section replaced with shipping from Jap, and part+labour cost of $477~

but now i facing another issue - EPA notice from the stupid operation Pipedown....and my varex muffler wont pass it for sure, gotta put everything back to stock and test again, another day without my car :down:

WTF is this operation pipedown? what state u in VIC?

WTF is this operation pipedown? what state u in VIC?

yea...iam in vic, it was a stupid opation happened back in april...i wasnt aware of it until i got the reminding notice.

i didnt get pull over or like that...maybe they just pick up the rego on the street,

and that for that i took my car for EPA...they guy said he couldnt do it bcoz i got varex muffler...so had to strip everything back to stock now...

oh yeah~

but now i facing another issue - EPA notice from the stupid operation Pipedown....and my varex muffler wont pass it for sure, gotta put everything back to stock and test again, another day without my car :)

pedal drum? Never heard of it. Well at least the problem is solved- relatively cheaply methinks!

yea...iam in vic, it was a stupid opation happened back in april...i wasnt aware of it until i got the reminding notice.

i didnt get pull over or like that...maybe they just pick up the rego on the street,

and that for that i took my car for EPA...they guy said he couldnt do it bcoz i got varex muffler...so had to strip everything back to stock now...

Its so stupid that VAREX style mufflers are illegal. High end car makers are putting similar systems on their cars out of the factory and they are perfectly acceptable. Go figure.

Anyway mate, just drop your car off at any of the registered exhaust shops and bring your stock exhaust with you. They should be able to install it, do the test, and then put your aftermarket system back on. I dont think it would cost more than $150 in total.

the reason why they're legal on high end vehicles, e.g. Audi R8 is because they've been properly engineered and researched thoroughly when the designers design the vehicle.

problem with aftermarket Varex muffler is unless it's been proven that it won't cause undue carbon pollution any higher than stock exhaust, as well as noise, they can't view it as legal...

oh and if you had it engineered, you can make it legal...

I think to make it totally legal the best cost efficient approach is to gather a few varex muffler owner on the same car/engine/transmission package, and pay this testing centre in geelong or somewhere (I heard it cost about $7000) and share the cost for an ADR Approved Evidence.

It will only be worth it if you're a company e.g. APS or Borla etc that manufactured 'dealer option' exhaust system in mass production.

pedal drum? Never heard of it. Well at least the problem is solved- relatively cheaply methinks!

did they give u the old pedal drum back??? ...if so, maybe u can post a pic of if for the masses of us that dont know what it looks like