SAU Community

Illegal Tint Warning - 29/6/10

Charles89

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys i work for a company that tints cars, privacy glass is all legal as long as the car came out standard from factory although the front two windows wont have privacy glass so its gets matched with 20% (or 20 grade) tint which is illegal, the darkest legal tint is 35% then 20% that illegal then goes down more and more 5% is limo tint cant see in pretty much, same goes with mirror tint its illegal, its not the factor that cops cant see u do stuff in ur car a lot of car crashes do happen with illegal tint imagine driving at night with 5% (limo tint) at night u cant see in and cant see out i no this for a fact

hope this clears it all up for ya's

Cheers man! Now I can sleep at night knowing my privacy glass is legal :P

But just wondering, how would they be able to tell if it's privacy glass? And not just fine you for thinking it's tint?

LOL @ THREAT. The dude had to stick the p plate on the out side.. :P LOL

When I was on my P's, I had to do the same... 5% on the rear... looks great, but reversing at night can be a little tricky :)

hahah it was gangster... i sold it though. pretty sure the new owner took off the tint though cause i heard it pissed him off lol.

i admit it was alright to see during day with the mirror tint. at night you 100% def couldnt see anything around you unless the area was lit up. i do think it is bit dangerous at night but i always drove with the front windows bit down just so i could see outta my mirrors.

• 4 weeks later...

I donno i seen that new tnt stuff that gettng really popular,

The Mirror tint?

Its getting big in melb now, speshly in dandenong,

its basicly like one way windows. can only see out not in,

i donno how people get away with it.