SAU Community

Intake Kit

Anyone tried BMC before? I saw this in the Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190411176849#ht_1221wt_911). I don't like the JW pop charger, but maybe the Stillen air box. How does this compare between the BMC and the stillen air box setup with a K&N. They are both oiled cotton filter. After taking out my Trust Panel filter for cleaning, I temporary install a Apexi pod (without any shield) on the car for a week. OMG, the Sound and power I get after 3000rpm was intoxicating. I know to have a open filter setup in QLD is illegal, so I'm thinking either the BMC or the stillen box. I also find that with the pod filter, the car tends to drink more too. Manage only 500km/tank instead of the normal 600km.

You're clearly driving the car harder with the POD,

to hear that "intoxicating" sound hence the rise in fuel consumption.

It is indeed a awesome sound and with real new V6 soundtrack. Why I said that with the fuel consumption because, I tried to change gear early like below 2500rpm for almost 5day. I drive like I normally would with the OEM air box, I still see myself going to the petrol station sooner. Any one with a CAI have this problem?

Power. The BMC air filter looks like it has a smaller surface area.

This is just a guess.

Paul, what do you meant by wouldn't be good? Fuel efficiency or power wise?

Power. The BMC air filter looks like it has a smaller surface area.

This is just a guess.

But with 150mm diameter, it's the same as the Apexi Pod filter. So I should have similar perfromance or better since it take in air from the outside, and with similar soundtrack I hope.

it's using more fuel because the open pod is sucking in hot air from the engine bay. Meter reads same amount of airflow, but since it's less dense you are actually loosing power and having to drive the car harder

put a heat shield around it.