SAU Community

Japan Roadtrip - Photos of Tokyo Autosalon 2004 and more

Blitz

Finally I have had time to weed through the hoards of photos from our Japan trip.

Firstly here are some pics from the 2004 Tokyo Autosalon. What an amazing show with such a huge number of awesome show/street/drag cars across mutiple halls. We made two trips to the show, going back on the Sunday to snap the promo babes and cars we missed the previous day.

Enjoy

(Higher res pics available on request)

Some shots from outside the show

DSC00787.jpg

DSC00782.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

This is what confronted us as we entered the show. It was huge!

DSC00798.jpg

DSC00799.jpg

Remember the Option 350z? It attracted a huge crowd with everyone pushing to get a glimpse of the reminants of the car after its high speed roll

DSC00805.jpg

The Signal widebody S15

DSC00813.jpg

DSC00815.jpg

The Bee R R33 GTR

DSC00817.jpg

DSC00818.jpg

The DRFT chop top S15

DSC00824.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

Another nice S15

DSC00831.jpg

DSC00833.jpg

100% pure pimp! This ones for you B-Man!

DSC00840.jpg

DSC00843.jpg

This R33 GTST Promo car for Super Autobacs was actually running an RB20DE (or at least thats what the spec sheet showed) - Check the custom dash!

DSC00855.jpg

DSC00856.jpg

DSC00863.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

DSC00872.jpg

The Signal Chameleon R34 GTR needeth no explaination!

DSC00880.jpg

DSC00881.jpg

DSC00930.jpg

Gorgeous R32 N1 GTR

DSC00946.jpg

DSC00947.jpg

These Top Secret OEM gold cam gears found their way into my bag - couldnt resist!

DSC00952.jpg

Why hello :) - Very nice Greddy 350z with factory option car babe attachment

DSC00953.jpg

DSC00954.jpg

DSC00958.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

DSC00960.jpg

The lads from the Pheonix's Power/RH9 stand giving a wave and hello to SAU

DSC00961.jpg

Looking for a "light" powerup for your GTR?

DSC00962.jpg

DSC00963.jpg

DSC00964.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now for Super Autobacs

We visiting the Super Autobacs Naganuma,Chiba store the day before Autosalon with some big expectations and much folding stuff to spend. The store was huge but a little disappointing with minimal performance gear actually in stock. If you wanted rims or a new doof system for your chaser though, this was the place for you.

Welcome to Super Autobacs - may I take your order?

DSC00586.jpg

The carpark alone was VERY impressive

DSC00649.jpg

DSC00650.jpg

DSC00651.jpg

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00587.jpg

DSC00590.jpg

DSC00591.jpg

DSC00599.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

DSC00605.jpg

DSC00607.jpg

Just in time to watch a WRX hitting the dyno

DSC00611.jpg

DSC00612.jpg

Drum roll - in we go!

DSC00613.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

No excuses for not finding the right oil here

DSC00615.jpg

Mmmmm

DSC00630.jpg

DSC00633.jpg

DSC00634.jpg

DSC00636.jpg

No - this isnt tempe tyres new showroom

DSC00640.jpg

DSC00641.jpg

DSC00645.jpg

Day 2 - Autosalon

Another nice 350z - there were plenty to ogle at

DSC01116.jpg

The Nismo stand - truely awesome

DSC01123.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

DSC01125.jpg

The BRIDE gals

DSC01139.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

Greddy stand was another eye candy packed display

DSC01148.jpg

DSC01150.jpg

DSC01152.jpg

Whos your daddy?

DSC01160.jpg

DSC01159.jpg

Classic

DSC01161.jpg

Drift special

DSC01163.jpg

DSC01185.jpg

Another drift special

DSC01208.jpg

DSC01169.jpg

DSC01158.jpg

One of my favorite pics

DSC01196.jpg

AWESOME pics blitz

Noticed you've made heaps of comments about "nice cars" ... think many of them should probably be labelled "rice cars" :)

I guess I should probably be show more respect - I think the object of pretty much every pic would spank me ... including the women!!!! hehehe

Those G-Ready turbos look awfully tempting...

that white 350z is very nice.

i love seeing pics around japan, most of all the carpark and everyday pics.

the white rx7 is a sweet looking car (except for that huge back wing and the black stains near the exhaust tip)

nice pics, do you have any more lifestyle type photos?

AWESOME pics blitz

Noticed you've made heaps of comments about "nice cars" ... think many of them should probably be labelled "rice cars" :D

I guess I should probably be show more respect - I think the object of pretty much every pic would spank me ... including the women!!!! hehehe

Those G-Ready turbos look awfully tempting...

yes, you should show lots more respect, infact, you should be banished for saying shit like that.

100% of the performance cars seen at autosalon are developed for the sole purpose of drag, circuit or drift. each of the components were put onto the car for the sole purpose of increasing its performance - unlike some of the crap we see at australian autosalon's.

for instance! i didnt see 1 friggin fish tank in a boot!!!

the outlandish colour schemes and stickers are there for advertising. for instance, who wouldn't recognise the hks drag car? or blitz drift car?

ooooo - think i may have hit a nerve! I was mostly joking guys. didn't you notice the :P or the hehehe?

"...each of the components were put onto the car for the SOLE PURPOSE of increasing performance..."

maybe i'm just ignorant franky, but i fail to see the performance gain by adding red neon's under the 350???? not to mention the CHROME on a set of 20" deep dish rims. let's take it further... maybe the stickers aren't just advertising... maybe ... they add .... kws??!!!

have you seen the hubcaps that rotate freely from the rims? they seem to be appearing mainly on excel's lately. That's the sort of dumb shit that really gets up my nose...

the point i was making was that based on those pics, the japs are just as bad as the aussies: they've fallen into the trap of modding the LOOK of the car to make it look different rather than modding it to make it look good - I was not suggesting that those cars don't have some serious performance parts under the hood.

appreciate the point you made about hks drag and blitz drift though. fair call.

just one small point, i did specify "...100% of the performance cars...", which you've conveniently misquoted me on.

i do admit the dress cars ie. the neons on the Z, might show an inkling of "rice" qualities but i just wanted to make certain that you weren't referencing say the blitz drift car or hks s15 drift car etc.

on a side note, i believe the jap "dress cars" are definately deisgned to look different - they love that shit, i do however believe performance cars like say the C-West Honda S2k has a bodykit designed for pure performance gains (as does all of the C-West and Veilside kits aim to do).

the point i was making was that based on those pics, the japs are just as bad as the aussies: they've fallen into the trap of modding the LOOK of the car to make it look different rather than modding it to make it look good

What are you talking about?

The Japs have been modifying their cars in that way (big performance, outlandish looks) for DECADES, before we had any idea which way was up...

It was the REST OF THE WORLD that copied the jap styling, not the other way around. They haven't fallen into any "trap"........... THEY SET THE TRAP.

It was the REST OF THE WORLD that copied the Japanese in their styling cues, but forgot the performance aspect along with it. Instead of modifying for extreme horsepower AND extreme looks, kids started just opting for the extreme looks, which resulting in the coining of the term "ricer". In it's original definition, a "ricer" was someone that modified their car to give off a "sense of speed" through stickers, bodykit, loud exhaust, etc, without actually increasing their cars' actual performance.

The term "ricer" therefore cannot be applied to ANY of the cars there, as they would rip the rollers off any dyno and tear your car, and my car, a new exhaust hole.

.... each of the components were put onto the car for the sole purpose of increasing its performance - unlike some of the crap we see at australian autosalon's.  

So this wing is functional???? lol

DSC01123.jpg

Man I've flown aircraft with smaller wings than that!!!! :bahaha:

c'mon guys chill, he did add a smilie after the rice comment. :P