SAU Community

R32 Gts-t Rb25/30

Hey Leon

How much them tires cost ya delivered as i want a set for me GTR, also i have the same R3C Clutch solid center as you got they are a brilliant clutch not hard to use at all around town, but very hard on gearboxes as my brother found out in my car... looks like a collapsed input bearing.

Cheers

Benny

atleast a bearing is an easy fix. Benny I sent you a pm on the prices I got. When can I come round and check out your drag gtr? I feel like im dirty, I have an R33 too now... could go fishing sometime haha It really is like a boat in the garage next to my r32

• 5 weeks later...

I started to make a Torque Plate for torque boring and honing last night. I only got as far as decking the top down a bit to reduce the bulkyness of it.. Basically held it down to the mill with some t-blocks and cap screws through the spark plug holes. Hopefully tonight I'll have time to bore the cylinders out.. I was going to do it in the lathe on a face plate but its about 50mm too big to reach the cyls 1 and 6 in the lathe so I might do the lot in the mill with a fly cutter... Made it look like it snowed :(

post-39806-1290030966_thumb.jpg

post-39806-1290030989_thumb.jpg

post-39806-1290031023_thumb.jpg

post-39806-1290031069_thumb.jpg

post-39806-1290031097_thumb.jpg

Jono I didn't finish the torque plate last shift, it was real busy because of the rain, everything was breaking down so I actually had to work. I bored out 3 holes, and realised the machined surface I dialed off were actually not in the center, I sort of assumed the spark plug would be in the centre, but its not, its about 3mm off centre :( so now I have to decide whether to sleeve it, build it up with a double pulse alloy mig or scrap it and just find a alloy plate I can do it, but id like something atleast 40mm thick, and not sure we have any lying around. Here are some pics..

I bolted it down to the table

post-39806-1290239010_thumb.jpg

Then I used a finger dial to dial up off a machined surface where the spark plug goes... turns out it wasn't centre, and my night shift drowsyness didn't notice, and being half slack to do the job i didn't bother measuring. Using the finger dials was easy to get the head setup within 0.01mm or 0.0004"

post-39806-1290239288_thumb.jpgpost-39806-1290239320_thumb.jpg

Then the final result which is just crap, Im so pissed off haha but I will work something out

post-39806-1290239557_thumb.jpg

Edited by choku_dori

Also purchased some JJR R33 rear traction rods and Toe rods yesterday. Also rang driftshop about some D-project tie rods. Waiting for them to get back to me. If anyone has any good quality tie rods and extra lock rose joint ends with adjustable bump steer please let me know, I'm keen for some even if they are second hand.

Still been slack, gotta call nissan and order a shitload of shims for the diff to set the preload and backlash in diff before that can go in, and still gotta brace the rear cradle and paint it, then I can setup the rear end and fit the GTR guards to get the 11.5" wheels sitting nice :(

post-39806-1290241071_thumb.jpg

post-39806-1290241099_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

hey man, I'm going for similar wheel width on my 32. I've already got a rear half of a gtr shell so I'll get the guards off that but I have been wondering how to make them even further out, very interested to see how you've done it. Also I was thinking about using a 33 subframe for a while.. but I decided not to as it would make it even harder to fit wide wheels, just wondering why you chose to put the wider subframe in when you're tryna fit wider wheels.

Cheers,

Grant

hey man, I'm going for similar wheel width on my 32. I've already got a rear half of a gtr shell so I'll get the guards off that but I have been wondering how to make them even further out, very interested to see how you've done it. Also I was thinking about using a 33 subframe for a while.. but I decided not to as it would make it even harder to fit wide wheels, just wondering why you chose to put the wider subframe in when you're tryna fit wider wheels.

Cheers,

Grant

Hey,

Im thinking of machining up a steel roller to go on the guard roller in place of the original nylon one, and heat the guard with the oxy and flare it out with the steel wheel on guard roller... if that fails and it looks terrible ill use small over flares... dont really want to though.

Im using the r33 cradle to get it up closer to the chassis and better geometry on the arms. I have a complete spare cradle with diff and all if your interested..

Cheers