SAU Community

Group Buy: Gps/gprs/gsm Car Tracker

gcg7861

Hey Guys,

I am organising a group buy for a GPS/GPRS/GSM Motor Vehicle Tracking device. The general idea of this item is a fool proof way to track the where abouts of your car. The GPS system requires a Sim card inserted in the device, i.e. Prepaid/Plan whatever suits you, The GPS is then connected to the motor vehicle and concealed. In the instance of your motor vehicle being stolen, all it requires is a SMS to be sent to the devices' number, and then it responds with a text specifying the Co-ordinates of your vehicle within 5 metres of it's location. Go to google maps; type in the co-ordinates and away you go.

The main benefit of an item like this is the fact that it provides you with the peace of mind knowing your pride an joy is safe where ever it is parked.

1. Positioning and Tracking: Through the on-line Positioning Platform or the cell phone to

locates at whatever time you like, and get the working status. 2. Triggering Emergency Alarms (SOS button): When there is an emergency, you can activate a function on the unit which

will send out alarms to the authorized numbers.

3. Remote Monitoring: Anywhere and Anytime, call the phone number in the unit, when it

connects, you can monitor the sound 5 meters around the vehicle.

5. Monitor vehicle Movement Alerts: Send an SMS to the unit to start the movement alert function. When begins to move, the unit will send an sms alert about the movement to all the Authorized numbers.

6. Speeding Alerts: You can send an SMS to the unit to start the speeding alert function. Once the vehicle

is overspeed, the unit will send the overspeed alert to all authorized numbers. (Similar to the fucntions used by Trucking companies).

7. Geo-fence: Set up a geo-fence for the unit to restrict its movements within a district. The

unit will send the message to all authorized numbers when it breaches the district.

8. This unit is also compatible with the original anti-theft alarm: It will the authorized number an SMS after the Alarm has been activated.

So effectively your not paying for an expensive GPS system with a monthly fee for tracking. It is based on a one time payment for the unit, and how many SMS's you send to the unit.

Now to the item specific details:

Dimensions are: 85 MM by 63 MM by 25 MM

Weight: 170 Grams

Network: GSM or GPRS or GPS

Sensitivity: 158dBm

Accuracy: 5 Metres

Voltage: 10-36V

Battery: Re-Chargeable and Changeable Li-ion 1500

Standby time: is approximately 48 hours

Operating Temperatures: -20Celcius to 85Celcius

Now to the Nitty Gritty:

As we all know that the saftey of our pride and joy is the most important. So I decided to contact a supplier in China. Great Wall Technology company and see what I can do in terms of getting these to Australia for as cheap as possible.

Ultimately as everyone states, I couldn't get a large discount for small purchases but it almost still seems to be worth it.

Items like these retail on the Market for in excess of $400 for constant surveillance. This unit itself has a RRP of $299.

However I can get these for $259 a pop. So that Includes the Item, shipping from the supplier to myself, and then postage from me to you.

This will all have a turn around of approximately 10 business days. I am not stocking this item myself so I can't help in terms of making this timeframe any quicker. The minute these items arrive to me I'll be shipping them off once again to the buyer (Pickup also available from Western Sydney).

The Catch:

As you all understand to make it fair I have to adhere to the forum rules. So Single items will not be for sale.

Also to make this all possible and to get the discount off the Supplier, I have to purchase the item in Quantities of 5.

So the group buy will function in this manner:

Start time: 07/07/10 End Date: 07/10/10 (Exactly 3 Months)

I will be taking orders on a fortnightly basis to purchase these as a group. So I will specify a date below that order will be placed.

Anybody who is wanting to purchase this product, will simply PM me for my bank account details, transfer the money and wait for the order date to recieve confirmation. To get rid of the hassles of organising people, I will take an order regardless of how many people want the item.

However on the order date, if I do not have 5 people who have deposited funds and are ready to take delivery of the item, i will present them with two option:

1. You can have your money refunded as the order has not gone through by the specified order date.

or

2. You can opt to wait it out till the next order date (Following fortnight) too see if we can get 5 people together to place an order then.

and it just continues on like that. You can opt to keep waiting until 5 people get together for the group buy, or I can just refund your money.

Please note: I can't purchase individual units. It was difficult enough organising a discount for the purchase of 5.

Dates that I will be placing orders 2010:

(Order Placed) Monday the 19th of July - Minimum 5 orders otherwise order placed on the next date and so on.

(Order Placed) Monday the 2nd of August -

(Order Placed) Monday the 16th of August -

(Order Placed) Monday the 30th of August-

(Order Placed) Monday the 6th of September -

(Order Placed) Monday the 20th of September -

(Order Placed) Monday the 4th of October -

Group Buy ends.

So these are all the details for the group buy. Hopefully it can work, so we can get these versatile units down here :D

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me, Write here or Msg me on 0430 939 742

But remember, if your interested, PM me and i'll provide you with the respective details and place your order according to the above schedule,

as it's not possible for me to order individual units for one off order.

Cheers

Bill

P.s

Pics Attached below.

post-44273-1278477189_thumb.jpg

post-44273-1278477210_thumb.jpg

post-44273-1278477222_thumb.jpg

Edited by gcg7861

Congratulations :)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Th...Gro-t81129.html

You most likely purchased an item which was either second hand, or with a maximum of 1 or 2 functions. These are commercial GPS trackers, used for company fleets or trucks and even a weekend car. These products come with a 12 month repair warranty, and actually are guaranteed to give the result you want.

I'm more than happy to talk to the supplier and actually get the work out of the way for everybody here, for the Tracker 'you' bought, but in the meantime, it's just trash talk Lol

List up the supplier costs and contacts, and opening up the option for your tracker might even be better.

The tracking device you purchased does not give the same functions which are included in this one. Refer back to the advertisement.

If you do a bit of research and you'll find legitimate tracking devices are typically $300 and over, not including monthly or yearly fees in some cases.

But I don't mind if nobody wants this. No Loss for me, I just thought it would be useful ;) ??