SAU Community

Replacing bushes on R33 GTR

Blitz

Hi all,

I am having a problem with my GTR that im hoping someone can assist me with. A while back I fitted some apexi adjustable shocks and hks lowered springs to the car which were all fine however about 2 months ago the car developed a squeaking/creaking sound from the front end on both sides.

We put the car on a hoist and found that the front swaybar was rubbing on the plastic inner guard on each side (thus the squeaking) and there was evidence of the swaybar having rubbed on the sump.

As a temporary solution, shortened drop links from the sway bar were fitted which fixed the problem although the problem has now come back.

What i want to find out is are there bushes associated with the swaybar which may be shot and progressively getting worse which are causing the front swaybar to sit closer and closer to the inner guard?

The car isnt that low (around 2 or so inches lower all round), I have seen much lower with people using coilovers etc and yet I havent heard of this problem before.

Can anyone provide any suggestions or information to help me correct this?

Thanks

I have been told some of the bushes are silicon filled and when worn the silicon starts to ooze out, this would explain why the problems progressively got worse.

Does this sound right?