SAU Community

R324 Build-up Project In Far East

I know many of forum members already done & posted the threads but I just wanted to share some pics and info. regarding the project on my R32 too. :(

I used to live in Down Under for nearly 10 years but now am back to South Korea, dwelling in Seoul. ^__^

I would be happy to meet up with anyone from the area for a cuppa tea & to have a wee bit of talk about our favorite Skyline.

Original shape.

87927589.jpg

r3275275.jpg

R324 Parts Arrived.

058bm.jpg

057m.jpg

Initiation.

d1cg.jpg

d1fb.jpg

Thats looking good, mate.

I wanna do the same conversion to my R33 minus the widebody rear end. If you dont mind me asking where did you find the kit from?

and how much did you pay for the R34 headlights?

Vlad

Hi Jiwoo

Mate I bounce over to Seoul and Pusan a fair bit and definitely dont see many Gtr's there !!

Did you buy the car there or bring it back with you or import it ?

How do you go with the lower octane level over there, a few guys I spoke to say they run Toluene with their fuel when running higher boost.

Who is doing your work for you ??

I love the highways and roads over there, they make the japanese highways look like skinny backroads.

What I dont like is the insane traffic jams !!

Sent you a pm

No worries, mate.

1. I got the parts from one of my close friends who was planning the same conversion. He got the parts from the US.

2. I paid about $950 for the headlights.

Look foward to see you starting the R33-4 mission in the future.

Thats looking good, mate.

I wanna do the same conversion to my R33 minus the widebody rear end. If you dont mind me asking where did you find the kit from?

and how much did you pay for the R34 headlights?

Vlad

Hey Marc, thanks for your PM mate!

It's very good to get to know someone who knows both cultures and share the same interests.

I bought my car here in Korea... but it was originally in a really "crap" condition. and has cost me so much "blood" so far, yet the joy it brings each time I see her, boy... simply can't be compared to anything.. haha.

After tens of thousands of dollars spent on her.... it's kinda in a stable condition... apart from some "minor" things to take care of... eg. A/C, interior.... turbos... cams... oh boy..come to think of it I still have lots of things to do!

Anyway, regarding your Qs. :woot:

1. I am sure octane level in Korea is a bit lower than that of Japan, but we have two different types of petrol at certain gas station, and the higher (and obviously more expensive) one is near 100 octane, so far I don't have any problem and I used to put "octane booster" in the past but not thesedays.

But mind you, my engine is "completely" stock except the fuel rail and ECU, sticking to 1 bar boost. It might be a different story for "high boost rides"

Yep, certainly those "traffic jams" are killer on the road.. and that's why I don't drive around often in Seoul, but out skirts of Seoul is pretty good when you go on the "right time"

Can't wait to meet up someday in the future mate.

p.s. awesome ride you have there in Sapporo. I also have one stupid question to ask... is Sapporo beer pretty cheap over there? ^___^ I just luv the taste...hmmm

Hi Jiwoo

Mate I bounce over to Seoul and Pusan a fair bit and definitely dont see many Gtr's there !!

How do you go with the lower octane level over there, a few guys I spoke to say they run Toluene with their fuel when running higher boost.

I love the highways and roads over there, they make the japanese highways look like skinny backroads.

Sent you a pm

Edited by cooljustin

The car looks amazing and you have made the conversion look like a walk in the park.

i cant seem to find R34 headlights under $1,150.

ill deff. post up photos when I get started:)

Cheers for the comment mate. indeed it gave a lot of hassle to arrange the parts and also to look for the right FRP expert to do fitting.

Luckily, I got to know really nice FRP expert who knows my high expectation and aim to get the job done.

So far so good, and look forward to the completion. It does cost me a lot though, and I don't think I am willing to give another try after this thing!

Anyway look forward to your post soon!

The car looks amazing and you have made the conversion look like a walk in the park.

i cant seem to find R34 headlights under $1,150.

ill deff. post up photos when I get started:)

Edited by cooljustin

Mark, I cannot reply you back via PM since I have posted less than 10 threads so far. The forum strickly limit a person with less than 10 posts to not send PM to members... I guess I just have to wait to build up my participation here more often. ;)

Anway, I already know the person who owns R32 in Korea. His name is Toby and really a decent chap, although we have had a wee bit of arguement over selling & receiving parts on UK forum. Now we are all good.

Please let me know the next time we will be in Seoul so I can arrange a small gathering with some decent riders to greet your arrival. ;)

Anyway, lets keep in good touch and always take care with your "Beast". Cheers.

Hi Jiwoo

Sent you a pm

Jiwoo

No problem with pm, shouldnt take long to get your 10 posts !! Very keen to hook up a check the car scene there.

I've always known Korea has a import car scene as has have seen quite a few imports around the streets in Seoul.

The streets there would be awesome if there was no traffic !!

Ok got a question for you...

By the looks of it your 32 is right hand drive..so how the heck do you pay the tolls on the expressways.

I've seen some toll booths there that have the money booth on both sides that you can throw your coin in but most have the person in the box you have to pay.

Do you just lean across or do you have one of those extendable arm gizmo that you hand the money over with or do you just have Hi-pass ?

And how the heck do you cope with those traffic jams...does my head in every time.

Honestly an average sunday drive from Pusan back to Seoul is just crazy, let alone holiday weekend!! It makes Tokyo traffic jams look like nothing.

My wifes family always want to drive to Pusan from Seoul and back when we go visit her mum..

Me, I refuse now and just catch the KTX !! Much more relaxing.

Keep the pics coming with your build !!

Sure, let's arrange the right time for both of us to wonder around in town to see some "exotic cars" in action together mate, I might have to do my own research to find out the exact gathering places... since I have never experienced this "illegal road actions" as well.

Anyway, I met another R32 owner yesterday and talked about your arrival and to meet up with -3-4 other riders, which could be quite interesting. :happy:

Regarding your Qs.on driving on right hand side...

well, it's a bit of pain in butt.. actually, it's not that comfortable especially on high-ways, since I use "High-Pass" gadget. ... which is very comfy.

things are a bit more complicated when I enter shopping malls and department... but it's actually much more comfortable to drive around in skyline than my another daily commute car "Kia" which is yet very economical since it runs on LPG.

BTW, from Seoul to Pusan... I suggest the best option would be "KTX" lol.

Cheers.

p.s. I have one Q. I am about to make a purchase on 19" copycat of TE37 called Varrstoen... my problem is I don't really know whether 19X 10.5 + Zero Offset would be fittable... would it be safer to just buy +12 Offset?

I saw one R34 in Down Under which has fitted 10.5 + 12...this offset thingy gives sucha headache

Jiwoo

No problem with pm, shouldnt take long to get your 10 posts !! Very keen to hook up a check the car scene there.

I've always known Korea has a import car scene as has have seen quite a few imports around the streets in Seoul.

The streets there would be awesome if there was no traffic !!

Ok got a question for you...

By the looks of it your 32 is right hand drive..so how the heck do you pay the tolls on the expressways.

I've seen some toll booths there that have the money booth on both sides that you can throw your coin in but most have the person in the box you have to pay.

Do you just lean across or do you have one of those extendable arm gizmo that you hand the money over with or do you just have Hi-pass ?

And how the heck do you cope with those traffic jams...does my head in every time.

Honestly an average sunday drive from Pusan back to Seoul is just crazy, let alone holiday weekend!! It makes Tokyo traffic jams look like nothing.

My wifes family always want to drive to Pusan from Seoul and back when we go visit her mum..

Me, I refuse now and just catch the KTX !! Much more relaxing.

Keep the pics coming with your build !!

Not really sure, but I don't think it will fit since the engine room (width & Length) is different from that of R34. FRP would be a different story since a FRP expert than adjust the thing to make it fit but Carbon Fiber.... I don't think many people would be willing to fiddle around with it. :thumbsup:

does the r34 bonnets work with it i.e a carbon fibre bonnet for a r34 gtr r34 gtt?

Not really sure, but I don't think it will fit since the engine room (width & Length) is different from that of R34. FRP would be a different story since a FRP expert than adjust the thing to make it fit but Carbon Fiber.... I don't think many people would be willing to fiddle around with it. :nyaanyaa:

You should mould the car around the part, so that it is a bit easier to replace parts in the future if you choose to.

Try getting the R34 GTR bonnet to fit or GTT, so you can change around later on with a just drop in fit.

You should mould the car around the part, so that it is a bit easier to replace parts in the future if you choose to.

Try getting the R34 GTR bonnet to fit or GTT, so you can change around later on with a just drop in fit.

which do you reckon will be easier? R34 GTR or GTT bonnet to fit?

I am considering of getting 19 inch wheels later on but my 17" LMGT2 goes still ok with the lines. Since the wheel houses became a bit larger... it definately looks a bit smaller though.

will you need to change the wheel offsets or do they match well with the new guards?

I am considering of getting 19 inch wheels later on but my 17" LMGT2 goes still ok with the lines. Since the wheel houses became a bit larger... it definately looks a bit smaller though.

34 bodies eat up 17s. Even 18s look a bit small.