SAU Community

Should I Buy This? $127k

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol! Funny stuff about the "Loves me and Loves me not". ha ha.

So here's the update... I've been convinced to wait a little longer until money isn't even a question. Even though I can buy it with cash now, but I wouldn't have anything left for mods or track days or proper maintenance.

I'm also really enjoying the anticipation of getting one. Sometimes the anticipation and "dreaming" is just as exciting for me. It's the journey, not the destination.

I've only ever owned a VL and VZ commodore so I've never really had real experience with a high powered car.

So I'm thinking something in between like a Golf GTI or Golf R will be safer for me and keep me going for another 12 months.

What do you think?

buy now if you can afford to buy with cash. a fair chunk of the depreciation has already occurred so the price drop will only be incremental by comparison. if you wouldn't be able to mod it now after paying cash, drive it stock and mod later. why deny yourself the pleasure. a golf is a poor substitute. 3 of my mates have GTi's, they are the new corolla.

buy now if you can afford to buy with cash. a fair chunk of the depreciation has already occurred so the price drop will only be incremental by comparison. if you wouldn't be able to mod it now after paying cash, drive it stock and mod later. why deny yourself the pleasure. a golf is a poor substitute. 3 of my mates have GTi's, they are the new corolla.

Oh man. I thought I had made up my mind. I think I need to just grow a pair of nuts and do it.

Edited by eastes

Agree ^^^

Just remember to buy your G/F a nice new locket on special from Michael Hill Jewellers a day before you buy your R35 :thumbsup:

Agree ^^^

Just remember to buy your G/F a nice new locket on special from Michael Hill Jewellers a day before you buy your R35 :nyaanyaa:

Naa,i reckon she should get to drive it as well. :)

Can you get a computer readout on how many hard launches it has done so far?

Check fault codes via Nissan.

I didn't think the Australian GT-R had launch control? By "hard launches" do you mean pushed hard at the lights etc?

By the way, the car looks and runs great. He took me for a test drive and nearly shat myself.

I didn't think the Australian GT-R had launch control? By "hard launches" do you mean pushed hard at the lights etc?

By the way, the car looks and runs great. He took me for a test drive and nearly shat myself.

If he flogged it to a potential purchaser imagine how he treated it himself. That has happened to me a couple of times, I just walked away and told them they can keep it. Not saying this is the case with this particular car but it is something to think about.

It does. A revised launch control. Not that you can use without turning VDC off and hence voiding your warranty. Not that you need to since LC shaves of an incremental amount of time. 0.1-0.2 sec I believe?