SAU Community

Hey

becky01

Hi all

im new to the forum and soon to be owner of a 1999 series two stagea. The car is paid for i just need to get a flight to melbourne and drive it home. Its a new import so its booked in to have all the checks done. Being a Young female i am finding it really hard to get an insurance quote. can anyone help me out?

;)

How old are you? If thats your first performance car, Just Car is pretty much the only insurer that will take you. And if you're below 25, I hope your pocket is deep enough...

That aside, welcome to the forum. There's a stagea specific section and I'm sure you'll find lotsa useful information on them just as I did.

How old are you? If thats your first performance car, Just Car is pretty much the only insurer that will take you. And if you're below 25, I hope your pocket is deep enough...

That aside, welcome to the forum. There's a stagea specific section and I'm sure you'll find lotsa useful information on them just as I did.

Hey

Its my first Nissan performance car that i have owned. I will give Just Car a go see if they can hit me up with anything. im only 20 so yeh thats wh im having the trouble... Im not a P plater so hopefully someone can help me out. I will check out the specific stagea section now ;) Thanks

Just Car Insurance quoted me $1250

;)

Impressive. Maybe the counter parts are cheaper on insurance. Most skyliners I know of are around the 2.5k range and if you drives a GTR, it'll be more than 3k.

Thats a very nice price for your age.

Hi,

That quote is pretty good. They quoted me $2500 for my R33.

;) they must know im a good driver. wow 2500... did u pay that or did u find a cheaper quote

;)

Impressive. Maybe the counter parts are cheaper on insurance. Most skyliners I know of are around the 2.5k range and if you drives a GTR, it'll be more than 3k.

Thats a very nice price for your age.

Yeah that may be the case although i did get a quote for skyline GTR VSPEC HR34 Turbo for $1678. Just Cars is awsome hey :P

Yeah im sure i will have heaps of fun in my stag ;)

the excess for the quote was:

Standard Excess $400

Age Excesses

• Female Drivers Aged 16 - 21 $350 • Female Drivers Aged 22 - 24 $250 • Male Drivers Aged 16 - 21 $650 • Male Drivers Aged 22 - 24 $550 Theft Excess $600

It's about what I pay for an R34 GTT, and I'm also female, rating 1 and 10 years older - seems a bit strange to me... but eh.

I hope you don't have any dramas bringing it back for Regency after compliance either. Any mods to it are gonna make your life hard. Hope you've done your homework on imports/Regency etc.

hey becky welcome to sau... try famous car insurance..theyre a smaller company and stuff.. also i beleve give discount to sau members... maybe theyll pricematch???

but yeah your quote is very decent

i burped. it smells like sushi but i never ate sushi lately. discuss.

part two of my confessions. just checked your profile... if the stagea in your pic is yours then that is lovely. its the corn

welcome to sau. $1250 is a great price for comprehensive insurance.

eps you weren't lookin for pics of the stagea you sly dog.

Just Cars let you adjust your excess in favour of your premium...as an example, at age 24 my premium is now $800 a year premium for full comprehensive. That's with a licence suspension in the last couple of years and a claim last year. Don't ask me about my excess...it's on par with some of the higher premiums floating around these forums.

I don't believe that will be the end of your excesses becky...there should be more to it. They usual have standard excess, age excess, vehicle excess and "adjust" excess (if you changed your premium).

P.S. welcome!

It's about what I pay for an R34 GTT, and I'm also female, rating 1 and 10 years older - seems a bit strange to me... but eh.

I hope you don't have any dramas bringing it back for Regency after compliance either. Any mods to it are gonna make your life hard. Hope you've done your homework on imports/Regency etc.

Yeah i have done some research and stags are cheaper to insure.. dont ask me why because i really have no idea.

All my homework is done ;) yeh it has mods but pritty stock stand at the moment. Its not the 1st import i have come across so hopefully i will be driving it soon... Its in compliance at the min....

hey becky welcome to sau... try famous car insurance..theyre a smaller company and stuff.. also i beleve give discount to sau members... maybe theyll pricematch???

but yeah your quote is very decent

i burped. it smells like sushi but i never ate sushi lately. discuss.

i will give them a try ... thanks ;)